|02|

02 ~ trouble at the hospital

Talia Baker

As Scott and I were walking out of school I just realized something.  "Uhhh Scott?"  He turned to face me as he was about to get on his bike.  "Since we're going to the same place do you think you can give me a ride?"

A smile formed on his face as he handed me his helmet, "Yeah. Sure."  I took the helmet from his hand and took a quick look at it then noticed there wasn't another one.  "What about you? You need a helmet too."

He shook his head and got on his bike. "I'll be fine.  Go on, put it on."  I let a breath out then placed the helmet over my head.  I climbed onto his bike and waited for him to start the engine. 

When he started his bike up he turned around and looked at me with a crooked smile on his face.  I rose one of my brows, a confused look spread across my face.  "What?"

He let a chuckle, "Are you gonna hang on?"

My felt heat go to my cheeks in embarrassment, "Oh right!"  I wrapped my arms around his lower torso and I could literally feel a smirk appear on his face. 

As we headed towards the hospital I could picture my cheeks are the color of tomatoes, I could feel my hands over his strong torso and abs.  For some reason I couldn't resist myself from touching them. 

I shut my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of his body for the rest of ride.  I guess I was enjoying it too much because I didn't notice we got to the hospital until Scott said we were. 

"Hey...Talia." I felt someone shake me.  I opened my eyes to see Scott looking at me with that normal smile on his face.  "Were here."  I looked around to see the hospital right in front of us.  "Oh...sorry I guess I kinda zoned out."

We both hopped off his bike and I placed the helmet on the handle bars then followed him inside.   We were both greeted by a beautiful woman.  "Hey mom." Scott said, pulling the woman who I'm guessing is his mom.

"Hey honey." She smiled, hugging back.  She then pulled away and looked at me.  "Who's this?"

Scott looked at me for a second then back to his mom. "Oh mom, this Talia.  She was called to the hospital too."  His mom's brows furrowed in confusion, "She was?  I don't remember anyone calling her."

I started to get suspicious, "That's not right, the principal told me that I was called."  She just shook her head at me, "I'm sorry sweetie but no one at the counter called anyone by or anywhere near your name."

She then took Scott by his hand and pulled him to the side. "I need to talk to you."  As I waited by the counter I couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

"Why didn't you tell me what was going on?" Scott asked her, obviously worried.  "I was hoping I didn't have to." She told him.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I could hear Ms. McCall let out a deep breath, "Everything that you've been doing. The extra reading, the summer school... Saving up for the bike even though it scares me half to death, I - Honey, I just didn't want to disrupt a good rhythm."

I watched Scott place his hands on her shoulders, "It's not gonna stop. I'm gonna be better this year. A better student, a better son, a better friend, a better everything. I promise."  I smiled at Scott's words to his mom, he's a really sweet guy.