Chapter Nineteen

Chris

"Mason... Mason, wake up." Someone shook me slightly.

I groaned and tried to shoo them away. "Go away! I'm sleeping."

"Chris, wake up will you?!" someone said sounding irritated.

"Go away, jerk face." I snapped, my eyes still closed.

A sigh came from someone. "Chris, I have ice cream." someone said in a sing-song voice.

I bolted awake. "Ice cream? What ice cream?" I said and looked around.

Someone chuckled from beside me. I looked up and saw Landon chuckling and shaking his head. I hate to admit but his chuckle sent a warm feeling inside my stomach.

"You done?" I snapped when he didn't stop.

He grinned at me. "You want some ice cream or not?" he said and held up a gallon of ice cream.

"What flavor is that?" I asked.

"Vanilla," he said and fished out two metal spoons out of know where.

"Where did you get that?" I asked gesturing to the spoons.

"In the kitchen."

"Your house or mine?"

He gave me a look that was saying Why would I get a spoon from your house, stupid? "We're under a cafe, Chris." he deadpanned.

I rolled my eyes at him.

~ o ~

"So, what are you still doing here at such a late hour?" I asked and ate a spoonful of chocolate ice cream.

"I should ask you the same thing." he bit back.

I shrugged. "Temple Run." I said, casually.

"You happen to love that game," he said.

"Of course I do! At least it's better than candy crush." I said. "What time is it, anyway?" I added.

We both checked our watches.

"It's still 11:00?" I asked rhetorically.

"Still?" Landon asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, still. I usually go home later than that." I said, simply.

He snorted. "No wonder you need a partner." he muttered.

I glared at him and all hell broke loose.

~ o ~

The next morning, I woke up feeling sticky all over. Last night, after Landon oh so happily insulted me... let's just say things got a little out of hand.

After he said his little comment last night, I took a spoonful of ice cream and threw it at his face... he did the same, and... we ran around the greenhouse (Let's just call it the greenhouse for a code or something like that) and we both got a little messy.

I sighed a sat up. My body was dirty and I felt as if all ants would come to eat me any minute. I also realized one thing; I didn't sleep in my room. I looked around only to see if I was alone. Thankfully, I was.

Getting out of the so-called "bed", I went to the kitchen (Yes, we have a kitchen. Let's just say that this is a mini apartment that is under a known cafe.) and opened the fridge.

Soda... beer... frozen pizza... soda again... beer... left over food... bread... Seriously? Has anyone ever heard of proper breakfast?

Closing the fridge I nearly died over the sight that was right in front of me. I screamed instead. We were both startled and ended up screaming at each other.

"What the hell, Landon?!" I yelled.

"What do you mean, What the hell?! You were the one who screamed first!" he yelled back.

"Because you startled me, you jerk! I wouldn't have yelled if you were actually wearing your clothes on!" I snapped.

"I'm wearing a towel!" he snapped back.

I sighed. I felt my cheeks burn realizing he was shirtless and I probably looked like shit.

"You're still half-naked!" I yelled.

He smirked. "Like what you see?" he said cockily.

Damn.... hot... agent body! I let out an exaggerated huff. "You wish, Jones. You wish." I stated firmly.

He slowly stepped closer and I'm pretty sure he can hear the strong beating of my living heart.

But I'm not sure if my heart would still be living if he keeps continuing what he's doing.

"I don't think I have to, Mason," he said those words quietly and slowly and it wasn't helping my heart... it just made it beat even faster.

I kept a straight face and clenched my jaw. His smirk grew wider and by that time, he was already a few inches away from me. This is not good for my health... Especially with that eight-pack out in the open...

I wonder what it would feel like if I touch-

I mentally slapped myself for thinking such a stupid thing. Me? Thinking about touching those... perfect muscles... and his chiseled chest... and...

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

He was staring straight at me as I was doing to him. His eyes trailed down to my lips and back to my eyes again. Before anything got any more intimate, I looked away and cleared my throat.

"Who wants lunch?" I asked no one in particular.

God, I suck at this...

~ o ~

"Hey, where have you been?" Jess asked. "I didn't see you go back up last week." she added a hint of concern in her eyes.

How do I explain this? I was playing Temple Run and fell asleep and ended up playing Go Fish and throwing ice cream at Landon's face?

"I was busy." I said casually.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "I didn't see Landon go up, either," she said as if hinting something.

I stopped dead in my tracks and glared at her. "No," I said simply before walking away.

"Oh! Tell me what happened!" she said excitedly.

"Jess, nothing happened, okay?" I assured her.

"Do you really expect me to believe that?" she deadpanned.

"Yup. Now, come on. We're late." I said changing the topic.

"Since when did you care?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't." I answered with a smirk and a shrug.

I really don't...