16: Sexuality

Bernadette threw a small rock at me and I laughed at her antics. She smiled and I shook my head. It had been a week since Barrel died and I guess I was doing better.

"Well, if I didn't know better, I would say this little French girl wants to get attacked," I told her and she giggled before I trapped her between my arms and against a tree. She reached up and touched my lips gently with her finger.

"Well, if I didn't know better, I would say this little German boy wants to get a kiss," she whispered and cupped my face. I leaned down and kissed her lightly.

"I'm not little," I pouted as we pulled apart. She laughed and hugged me as I put my arms around her waist.

"Yo, Tiny, you got letters," Butch said and I looked over before pouting.

"Not little, huh?" Bernadette asked as I took my letters from Butch. I looked at her and she laughed as I sat on the ground. I flipped through the letters. Mother. Adeline. Father. Mother. And two people I didn't know. I opened the first one.

"Bernadette, listen to this," I said as I realised that a young girl wrote it.

Dear Soldier Alaric Zimmerman,

My name is Adela Schmidt. I live in Berlin like you do. My school said that we have write a soldier and I drew your name. Your family wrote that you are a Frontkämpfer and I am very excited to write you.

I hope that you will answer me and tell me about the war. I hope that I will meet you one day.

From,

Miss Adela Schmidt

I looked at Bernadette and she smiled at me. I chuckled and she took the letter gently.

"You have to write Miss Adela Schmidt back," she said.

"Schmidt... that's my ex-girlfriend's last name," I said and she smacked my arm.

"Well, write her back and make sure that you don't talk about death," she said as she pulled out paper and a pen from my backpack.

Dear Miss Adela Schmidt,

Thank you for your letter and I am thankful that you drew my name. I am most certain that you are a beautiful young lady. I am a Frontkämpfer and believe me when I say that those English and French soldiers will be pushed back and you will have a better and safer country.

You may ask any question you have about the war and I am more than willing to correspond with you. You, in return, must send me a picture so I have the most beautiful pinup girl.

Regards,

Alaric Zimmerman

"What's a pinup girl?" Bernadette asked as she looked at me. I chuckled.

"A picture of a pretty girl that we, if we had a wall, would put the picture up," I said. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"I think it's sweet you are asking her to be your pinup girl," she said and kissed my cheek, where stubble was growing from my lack of shaving. "And shave." I laughed.

"I just don't know who this other letter is," I said as I picked it up. She took it and opened the letter. I laughed until she started reading.

Dear Alaric,

You don't know me and I don't know you but I do know your brother, Adalwolf, and his sexuality. This letter is written, concerning your brother and my own.

Heiko and Adalwolf were not able to get on a plane to America. They have taken refuge in our apartment where we all believe that they shouldn't be prosecuted for loving each other.

I understand if you are upset that you were not told sooner but we had no clue how to get to you. Now we do. I know you must be worried for your brother but I assure you, your brother will be fine.

Sincerely your friend,

Alia Ziegler

I tore the letter from Bernadette's hands as she got quieter, realising that the other guys shouldn't hear that information. I rubbed my face and groaned. How could they not get to America?

"Alaric, what's wrong?" Booya asked as he came over. I shoved the letter at him and ran a hand through my hair. He read through it.

"She said that he would be okay," Bernadette said. Booya lowered the letter and looked around.

"This can get really ugly, really quickly," Booya said as he gave back my letter.

"Adalwolf, what did you do?"

Adalwolf Zimmerman

Heiko and I walked down the street to the store, next to each other but not touching. Ada pulled us out in order to help her carry the groceries back. I kept my head down until Ada lifted my head.

"Keep your head up," Ada muttered and I nodded. With Alaric, it was easier because he radiated masculinity and people just assumed I did to but I was so feminine.

"Adal, its only temporary. I promise I will get us to America and we live in a small community," Heiko said with a small smile that only I saw.

"I know, Heiko," I said and he seemed sad when I didn't smile. But how could I smile? All my feminine gay friends were disappearing and I had a good idea what was happening.

"Adal, can you go get the vegetables?" Ada asked and I nodded. What I didn't know was that there would be SS Offficers there.

"Adalwolf Zimmerman," one of the officers said as I picked up some carrots. I turned around and looked at him. I figured that they were taking to me because of my brother. I was pure Aryan. There was nothing wrong with that.

"Yes?" I asked as I gripped the carrots.

"We need you to come with us," the officer said and I shook my head.

"You are undesirable due to your sexuality," the second officer announced and I felt my stomach drop.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I said as everyone looked at me and I saw Heiko and Ada looking at me from the side. The officers grabbed me and dragged me out.

I felt the lone tear roll down my cheek.

My Story: World War II - German [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें