chapter 4: preparation

Ragini A Yadav P. O. V

My mother quickly shot the door behind her as Suhani dropped the box on the bed even when I tried so hard to clean my tears an hide it away from my mother.

It was impossible she calls me to the bed sat me down using her saree to clean my face as she usually does even when I was a kid that was how she would so I will feel much better
" why cry so much Ragini it won't change anything " I held on to her hand and quickly hugged her I just wanted to feel every moment with her till the last day which will be tomorrow exact.

Suhani sat beside me patting me on the back my mothers arms never felt this warm like it did this afternoon I didn't want to let her go not even for a second.

She pulled me out of the hug an asked me to smile or else she would be sad too.

Do I want my last memory of my mother with me that of tears in her eyes all because of me.

I cleaned my eyes hurriedly faking a smile which I knew made her feel a bit better
" what's in the box " I asked as Suhani pulled it out of it's rap she removed the red beautiful saree which I couldn't take my eyes off it is my wedimg sari she said to me looking at it with a smile.

" you will look beautiful in it tomorrow " she murmured hugging it to her chest swinging around with it.

She was so cheerful as if she was the one getting married .

I have never imagined my wedding to be like this I always wanted a wedding where by I would laugh none stop like demented person who can't afford to be sad or heartbroken
But I guess things ain't always as we visualized it to be.

" do you like it " my mother asked me .I nodded at her holding her hand.

She stood up from. The bed an brought out a box from under the box there had brought it a red jewelry box.

She open it slowly an showed me the mind blowing piece of necklace an tangling earring on each side it was so beautiful I grasp for it.

" I saved this for your wedding Ragini your grandma gave this to me before she passed away " she took it into her hand which made it to look more beautiful as it shin on her hand Suhani tap me from behind giving me a thumps up.

I know for a fact she was doing all this act to make everything seems okay an she was helping a bit.

" Naaji (No) I can't accept this " I motioned why give me such a beautiful gift when the wedding itself is such that I don't even want it to come.

I motioned to her that I didn't want it an she should give to Rashme she smiled blissfully placing the Jewry box into my had an close it.

" tomorrow you shall wear it with your bridal saree you deserve it more " I didn't know what to do her being right next to me made everything seem okay an normal when it isn't at all .

"Bahut achcha hair( it's great) take it " Suhani motioned to me giving me I will Beat you look if you don't take it.

I took the box from my mothers hand brushing my hand on to hers so feel as I took the Jewry box.

Greetings an noise where being heard from outside right from my window Suhani quickly took a peek outside the window to see who it may be.

She held her mouth looking so happy as she nodded her head saying this is yet the best wedding of all times.

" what happens Suhani". It was like the words won't come out of her mouth she pushed her head backward playfully with her palm looking at me an my mother.

" grandmother is here she is outside coming into the leaving room ". My mother shook her head laughing at Suhani being silly an reviling her childish side.