三十

| 13;00 |
sunday
( a week later )

still not talking to taehyung?

jungkook shoots his head up as soon as the words leave namjoon's mouth. the younger had been trying his best to sleep with his face hidden inside his arms resting on the desk in front of his mirror. he's at the dressing room, getting ready for the mnet asian music awards. he's supposed to perform his new single, "this" in a few hours.

but he's not really feeling it, considering he just had a fight with his best friend last week. truth be toldㅡor so what jungkook considers as the truthㅡit was all taehyung's fault.

taehyung had the nerve to ask jungkook what the hell was going on inside his mind and why he'd been acting pretty distant lately. taehyung even told jungkook he'd be there to listen. but once jungkook really told taehyung what was driving him insane, taehyung merely treated jungkook as if he was stupid.

taehyung started preaching things about how it's impossible for jungkook to fall in love with someone whose face he's never seen in real life, whose voice he's never heard, whose skin he's never touched and whose lips he's never kissed.

he even went to the length of telling jungkook he had no idea what true love felt like.

all in all, he made jungkook feel as if he was desperate for something he couldn't even understand.

and the worst part was, jungkook knew he was right.

so he did what any impulsive person would've done: he started swearing at his own best friend, telling him he knew nothing . . . that kim taehyung would be nothing if not for jeon jungkook who has his name soon to be written in history books . . . that taehyung should thank him because jungkook made him . . . that taehyung had no right to talk to him that way because taehyung was nothing, nothing but a normal high school student who lives all alone because his mother died giving birth to him and his dad left as soon as she died.

and taehyung did what any sane person would've done: leave jungkook to ponder his thoughts and torture himself with guilt.

give him some more time. i'm sure he'll get over it. ❞

namjoon adds and sits right next to jungkook, with a bottle of beer in his hand. he drinks the beer right in front of jungkook who looks at it intently.

the elder shakes his head at jungkook, immediately recognizing that look on the younger's face. it's the look of "help-i-wanna-self-destruct-again-because-i'm-pathetic-and-no-one-loves-me-so-i'll-destroy-everything-else-that's-still-going-well-for-me".

of course, jungkook isn't allowed to drink before performing. hell, if seokjin was in the room, he'd be yelling at namjoon now for even showing jungkook the bottle he's drinking.

i don't think he'll ever forgive me.

don't be silly, jungkook. he's your best friend . . . he always does.

but what if this time, he doesn't?

well, you still have pjm, don't you?