Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Queen Elsa

I wake up to an annoying ringing sound in my ears. I open my eyes, and the first thing I see—or, rather I didn't. Darkness greets me, and for a moment I wonder if I've become blind. Blind, and deaf, as the ringing in my ears hasn't subsided yet. I blink, trying to become accustomed to the blackness that surrounds me. Little by little, the ringing subsides, and my eyes get used to the dark.

I am inside some sort of... dungeon. It's cold, and damp, and while I am never actually bothered by the cold, I didn't like being inside of this cramped place. I sit up, and my back is stiff, making me notice the thick plank of metal which I was laying upon. It is connected to the wall by two thick, diagonal chains. I shift to the side, and I feel a thick, itchy blanket scratch the thin sleeves of my dress.

A window catches my attention. Light was pouring from it, illuminating some parts of the dark place. I stand up and run over to it, but I am tugged back when I was two feet away from it. That is when I notice that I am held by some sort of thick metal, encasing my hands. There are chains hanging from them, and are connected to the wall, just beneath the metal bed.

I thick everything in here is metal.

This is exactly how they treat prisoners in Arendelle. It saddens me, that I am held captive by my own kingdom. That I have endangered their lives.

Ugh. I step over one of the chains, adjusting my body, and looked outside. My first thought was, “I'm a monster.”

Immediately, my heart sinks to my stomach, as I see what I—the Queen, had done to her own kingdom. I couldn't even see the kingdom. Everything, and I mean everything is covered with thick, white snow. “No! What have I done?” I whisper, as I feel tears pooling from my eyes.

The lake that surrounds Arendelle is completely frozen, the ships from other kingdoms are tipped over each other some of their debris here and there, all covered in ice and snow. To top that, a slight blizzard makes it harder to see anything. But not to me.

I can see everything I did. Everything I've done and still doing. Why am I here? I've already endangered their lives, why would they bring me back here? I am a monster!

A slight squeaking sounds takes my attention. I gasp as it grows louder, and some sort of light enters the room. I blink, to adjust my eyes, and see who it is. I make out a man's form, and when he came closer, I see the familiar red-brown hair and the weird sideburns. Hans. “Why did you bring me here?” I snapped, walking towards him.

He sets the lantern down on a small table, and comes near me, rubbing his arms to give him warmth, “I couldn't just let them kill you.” he says, looking at me with his worm brown eyes. He cares about me? No, Elsa, just... no. Puffs of air came from his mouth as he speaks. Proof how cold it is in here.

He shouldn't have done that! Just let them kill me, for all I care! I am endangering everyone's lives, and I would much rather have myself killed and stop this winter, rather than get hundreds of my people killed... by me.

“But I'm a danger to Arendelle,” I told him, raising my chained hands for emphasis, “Get Anna.” I ordered. I still am their queen, I can still order them around. Right? But, I really didn't want Anna here, I might hurt her more than I already have! But, she's probably the only one who came make them see sense.

Hans looks at me with those darned brown eyes, eyes filled with concern, pity and something else I can't quite place. “Anna has not returned.” I blink, once, twice. It was like being struck with lightning, hearing those simple four words.

What? I turn to look back outside. Anna hasn't gotten back? But why? If she still hasn't gotten back, then there's a possibility that she's out there, battling the storm, just to get back here. If she's still alive.

Suddenly, the thought of Anna dead makes its way into my brain, and I bite my lip to stop the mental image from forming. No, she can't be dead. She just can't! I close my eyes, trying to stop the tears that are threatening to spill.

“If you would just stop winter. Bring back summer. Please?” Hans speaks in an annoyingly calm voice, seemingly controlled and rehearsed, almost as if he's trying to soothe me. It rubs me the wrong way. It's like someone is controlling him.

I look at him weakly, wishing I could give him a glare, but hearing the news about Anna brought my spirits down more. “Don't you see? I can't! You have to tell them to let me go!” I said, settling down to sort of snapping at him, instead of glaring, but my voice cracked a few times. I sighed.

Hans' pupils dilated when he heard my answer, and if I'm not mistaken, I see a hint of black in the depths of brown. Black? Pitch.

“I'll do what I can.” he says slowly, before he turns away, taking the lantern with him, leaving me alone in the darkness. I stare after him, trying to figure out if Pitch was... suddenly, I am filled with rage, pure blinding rage. I turn around, seeking for any signs of him—of Pitch. I looked to the darkest parts of the dungeon, my anger giving me enough energy to glare again.

Ice begins to form across the surface of the chains, and I gasp in surprise at my sudden mood swing. I have to get this under control, or else. I take a deep breath, then yelled out, “I know you're in here, Pitch.”

A malicious laugh confirms all my intuitions. “Oh, my dear Elsa. I see that you've finally figured it out. That prince,” he said the word 'prince' as if it was some sort of curse, “was so greedy to get power, that he agreed to team up with me.” his voice echoes around, bouncing back and forth, because of the thin walls.

I know he was here, I can feel his presence. But it shifts, from here to there, and I know that he is playing with me. The ice thickens around the metal chains, and I know that because of them, I won't be able to fight off Pitch. But that doesn't really stop me, “Show yourself, you coward!”

Another vicious laugh, and it comes from my right.

I turn around, just in time to see the Pitch himself, coming out of the depths of darkness.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Yeah, I know, I know, it's short. But I am simply a fan of cliffhangers, so I gave you guys one! Sort of. LOL:)) anyway, this is dedicated to @Worthwhile_ cause she's such a sweet gal, and she's a fellow Makorra fan girl<3 (but remember, gurl, ZUKO'S ALL MINE!!!) haha, check out her stories, they are extremely worthwhile(get it? No? Okay)

sorry, for taking so long, I have a crazy new addiction... YoUTUBe!!!!!!!!! so far, I've seen PewDiePie, Smosh, Cry, Zoella, Jenna Marbles and Onision! Any suggestions??

Vote, and COMMENT, please??? it helps with inspiration:)) COMMENT!

Xx Erica