Apparently Vincent was a flipping Ninja — how weird is that? Last time I checked, he couldn't even run properly! — and like him and his mysterious partner-in-crime was helping me escape the other Ninjas, which is weird because he actually hates my guts. Wow, I can totally see how ridiculous this dream was...

OH! And most importantly, this C.H.A.N apparently kidnapped my father because he's the only one who knows where the island that is hiding my mum's 16.7 billion dollars — like what in the world, right?! My mum, a billionaire? As if! She used to work as a primary school teacher, so that doesn't make sense."

I take a deep breath, tired after pouring out my unconscious adventure to her.

"Wow, that's um... that's quite a... Dream." Phoebe says, eyeing her brother suspiciously. "I had no idea that this crazy... dream... happened."

However, I shrug it off, having never been as happy and relieved as I currently am. "Totally. Man, I'm just so glad that it was all a—"

My speech is interjected by the appearance of a certain, blonde-haired and stark-blue eyed ex-best friend, staring at me as if he's a deer caught in headlights. In fact, even Phoebe and Theo are mirroring his facial expression.

"... Dream." The look on their faces are enough confirmation to prove my belief wrong. Gradually, I feel the colour drain from my face and my body grow stone cold. "It wasn't a dream, was it?"

Simultaneously, they all shake their heads, looking guilty as charged.

Oh shoot. My father!

Suddenly, an overwhelming feeling rushes through me and my feet lose balance, causing my body to fall. However, before it could reach the floor, two pairs of strong toned arms wrap around me and pull me towards their chest. That scent — it's Vincent.

"You little sh-sh-shits!" Phoebe barks, looking ready to murder the two. "How dare you guys get her tied up in your sick-ass world?!"

Theo puts his hands up in surrender. "I told you, it's that jackass's fault! He's the one who stole her father's documents and gave it to them!"

Vincent growls, "You think I wanted to? I had no choice!" I can feel his chest rising and sinking with fury.

Theo scowls at him, shooting him a glare so deadly of which I had no idea he could be capable of doing.

I furrow my brows as I quietly ask, "Is this why you guys fought?"

They remain silent. However, their silence is enough of an answer.

I look at Theo, whose eyes soften when they stare back at me. I raise a brow. "So you're a ninja too, and Vincent's mysterious buddy who helped us escape?"

"Hell no!" Theo slams, scrunching his nose in disguist. "I am not his buddy! But yes, I am that mysterious guy who help you both escape."

"Oh my God," Phoebe sighs, rubbing her temples with her fingers in frustration. "I knew you guys were part of some illegal crap but I didn't know that it's this intense! Should've known since Vincent flew us all the way here to Miami..."

"WHAT?!" I screech, bolting out of Vincent's arms with the new rush of adrenaline pumping within me. I turn around to face Vincent and grabbing his light-grey tee threatingly. "We're in freaking Miami?! Take me back to New York right now!"