Resemblance

Chapter 19 - Resemblance

KARINA HART

 Kari pressed two fingers to her temple. Her head was hurting like a bitch and it was all her fault.

"Do you need some aspirin?" She heard him ask and she shook her head.

 Damn his observational skills.

 "I'm fine."

 "I don't think so."

 She frowned at him and he mimicked her expression causing her to dissolve in laughter. That made her wince a little.

 "What is it?"

 When she didn't say anything he asked. "It's because of your glasses, isn't it?"

 She shrugged.

 "How did you survive these past few weeks?"

 "I wore glasses that day at the resort but Sydney insisted I wear lenses. I was gonna buy only one pair for the day but she insisted on getting those weekly ones. She bought three and stuffed them in my pockets."

"So you've been wearing those?"

 "Not regularly. I find them irritating. I threw the first ones away that day once I changed into those clothes you gave me because... I don't know. I just did. Then three days later I realized I didn't have my glasses, so I wore them once in two days or so. But I had to throw them away too. I used up the last  pair a few days ago."

 "Well we need to get you a pair of glasses."

 "Yes we do."

 Zach turned towards his nightstand and pulled out a small rectangular box.

"Here." He handed them.

She frowned and opened to see a pair of glasses just like the ones she wore every single day.

She loved those cat-eye shaped ones. She had them in red, black, pink, blue and purple. The purple ones were her favorite.

And Zach had gotten one exactly like those.

She opened them and pulled on.

"How do I look?"

"Like the woman I adore." He mumbled and pressed a kiss on her lips. 

"How d'you know I like the ones in purple?"

"I didn't. I've only ever saw you wearing these."

"How d'you know the number?"

He sighed.

"I didn't buy them. They are yours. Sydney had them with her and she handed to me yesterday. This one's yours, sweetheart."

"Oh, Why didn't you give it to me then instead of waiting until now? "

I kinda... forgot. And then they started talking about mom and then we hooked up."

Karina pulled them down and placed them on the nightstand.

Balancing a hand on his chest she kissed him.

Damn you for making me fall for you she thought and smiled at him. She was falling for sure and that meant danger for him for her.

 She pulled back as she let her mind wander a bit further into the future. There was no future for them to begin with. She had her job back in the United States while he had his whole life here.

 Her family that consisted her brother and all of her friends, they were back there while his family was here. His dad, mom- wait mom! He'd said something about mom.

 She frowned as she turned to him "What did you mean when you said that they were talking about mom."

 He froze. He was still lying right next to her but that question seemed to have created a distance between them It seemed as if he was miles away from her.

"Nothing." he mumbled and pulled back the covers. 

 "Who's your mother, Zach."

 When he continued to ignore and walked into the bathroom, she got pissed.

 Pushing the covers off she stomped towards the bathroom and banged and banged.

"Oh that's nice. Just plain ignore me."

"It's open." came his muffled voice. She pushed down on the handle and found it infact open. How stupid was that.

"What are you doing?" she said when she saw him sitting on the floor, the water pelting on him from the shower.

 He still stayed quiet.

When she opened her mouth, he looked up and locked eyes with her.

 "Don't." he pleaded. "Just don't."

And that cleared her suspicions completely.

 "I thought it was just a coincidence that you seemed to resemble Sean just a tad bit."

"I don't.' he murmured.

 "You've got the same eyes." she slowly walked behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck from behind.

 "I know."

 "This is hot. Mmm, very soothing." she moaned at the feel of hot water showering down on her.

 Grabbing the soap she lathered his back.

 "What are you doing?" he asked and his head fell back with a groan.

 "Whatever it is your doing, keep doing it. My god, it feels good." he groaned.

 "Get up."

 "Do i have to?" his lips pulled in a pout as he looked at her.

 Smiling, she leaned down and murmured, "I always wanted to have sex in the shower."

He smirked, "I don't have to get up for that."

"No. But I can check two things off of my list. In the shower and against the wall."

"We can do those separately."

"I wonder if you can keep up with me." She said as he stood up and backed her against the wall.

"If you still question that after last night, I think I gotta remind you."

And remind, he did.

********

Vote. Comment.

- Nami