Pawn

Chapter 11 - Pawn

Stanley Payne stood right in front of the Crescent as he looked at the number of people in a line waiting to enter the up and booming club.

Who knew his beloved brother in law would be successful in such a short period of time.

No. Scratch that.

Five years wasn't exactly a short time period.

It was long. Much much longer when you have to spend all those years in a dark dank place that smelled of nothing but piss and shit.

A smirk crept up his lips.

He knew very well his brother in law wasn't there. He wouldn't be at all, since his love would do everything to protect her dear brother.

Nope. Neither was he trying to track down Derek.

Derek would've been the easiest pawn to call Karina back. But Derek wasn't there.

But he had something better.

The moment he'd texted her, she went off the grid. It was like, she vanished into thin air.

Though she wasn't that hard to find earlier when he'd just got out of prison. Sure she was miles away from home but Stan knew her like the back of his hand.

She had too much pride to change her name. She wouldn't change at all, except for the surname he'd shared with her.

She had changed it and she was in need of a serious punishment.

He'd loved her spirit. He'd fantasized breaking it. Breaking her, beating her into submission. He almost groaned at the pleasure that image reverberated throughout his body.

A flash of skimpy, sparkling dress caught his eye.

Ah! There they were.

His targets.

His pawns. Pawns to get his beloved wife running back to him.

He sized the five girls that entered the club. The girls laughed and entered the club with him right behind them.

All he needed to do was slip a few dollars and the bouncer let him in.

The brunette would be hard to catch. She had the look that brought men to their knees. If he hadn't loved Karina, he would sure had loved to get her.

The other two blondes would 've  been the easiest but where was the fun in that.

And anyways, those blondes would catch more attention then he wanted.

The other tall exotic one had her face plastered everywhere. Though she'd be easy, he didn't want the whole world after him.

The fifth brunette was perfect. Just perfect.

Her hair we're tied at the nape, a few locks trailing over her shoulder. He could see the stubbornness on her face. She looked down on everybody and Stan all but reached for her.

He'd found the one.

The one who'd bring his Kari running back in his arms.

No not in his arms, more like on her knees.

She didn't deserve his touch.

It was time for her to resume her position as his wife.

He smirked at the torture he had awaiting for her.

Just wait, my love. You'd be begging on your knees in no time.

And you'll finally be exactly where you belong.

********

Vote. Comment.

- Nami