Pt.19

|Sam&Colby sat at the table talking that night|

"Are you ready for this?" Sam asked almost under his breath.
"Ready for what?" Colby replies taking his attention away from the window.
"For the real world again, the one where we have to hide this, us." Sam said, voice cracking.
"You know what Sam, I think that world isn't going to be there when we get back." Colby replies
"What?" Sam asks confused
"I mean, the world we're heading back to is going to be different, we don't have to hide anymore Sam." Colby says hopeful.
"Colby it's not that simple and you know it." Sam says -eyes weary-
"the whole world doesn't need to know about this until we're ready, but until then our freedom is in what we have." Colby says wile grabbing sams hand.
They both sit there looking into each other, the serious talk was odd but it was real and sincere.
"Anyways! I'm tired." Colby half laughed half yawned. "I'm heading to bed."
"Can I join." Sam grins.
"I'd prefer it that way." Colby grabs sams hand and they head to bed.
Un caring of what their roommates saw they slept in each others arms, I mean they probably already knew anyway.

~

The next morning Sam woke up before everyone else, except Elton of course who was behind the wheel.
Sam sat up stretching and rubbed his eyes, once he uncovered them he looked up to meet Elton's gaze.
-it was that look again, that look he gives Colby and I, I usually hate that look, but today.. it just made me smile-
"Rise and shine love bird." Elton grins
"Shutup." I laugh and turn to wake Colby.
"Where are we." He asks yawning.
"We're almost home." Elton says.
"Back to reality." Sam smiles. "You ready for that?"
"I think I am." Colby says genuinely.
This trip was like an Oasis from the rest of the world and they weren't sure if they were quite ready to accept that it was over,
there was a solitude out in the woods away from civilization
No one to judge them
No one to impress
Just their group of friends, who were more like family.
They would never forget it.
But they had to get back to the real world now, the world where they had to worry about whether or not they'd be accepted.
But they didn't need acceptance.
At the moment all they had was each other and that was perfect... they found a home in each other's "I love you" and because of that, they had everything.

          The End