Pt.11

About an hour later they found themselves walking down the lake shore back towards the camp site.
The moon sparkled on the lake illuminating the night coloring Colby in a bright blue.
"Blue was definitely Colby's color" sam thought.

"How long do you think we've been gone?" Colby asked stepping over rocks as we continue walking.
"Long enough.. they probably think we died." Sam laughed
"Better than the alternative." Colby joked.
"What do you mean?" Sam asked confused.
"Well Uncle Elton thinks we're gay." Colby said jokingly somewhat looking for a reaction out of sam.
Sam stopped for a moment.
"So you'd rather be dead then someone even think that we were gay for each other?" Sam said angry and hurt.
He walked ahead angrily.
"Sam that's not what I meant." Colby said wishing he hadn't opened his mouth.
Colby was just trying to get a reaction out of sam to see how sam felt about it, but he could have done it a million other ways.
Colby caught up and grabbed sam by the shoulder.
"Sam you know that's not what I meant why are you over reacting."
"I'm not over reacting Colby! How would you react if you found out that the guy you love would rather be dead than love you back!?" Sam said without thinking.
It was silent.
It felt Like a shot to the chest.
Relieved but frustrated Colby stood there shocked.
All these years he spent loving Sam you'd think he'd be happy to hear Sam say he loved him back, but in the moment he was just confused.
Sam huffed and walked away.