Pt.15

|| Colby's POV ||
    Under the water everything was different.
It was just silence.
and it seemed as if nothing else existed in this world other than Sam and I.
           Time stopped.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We let go and came to the surface Smiling.
Sam seemed to be glowing and a feeling of pure happiness lingered around him.
   "SAM! COLBY!" Corey yelled pulling us back to reality.
We shook it off and looked over at everyone who was already dressed in their swimsuits and life jackets.
"Ready to go rafting?" Elton shouted.

We headed  up the river until we reached a spot where the current was stronger but smooth. And about a mile up ahead were the rapids.

"The floor is lava!" Corey shouted before jumping into the raft and counting down from five.
The rest of us scrambled onto the raft just in time for him to reach zero, everyone except Sam.
"Welp Sams dead." Amanda laughed from behind me.
"Are you kidding me." Sam pouted before crawling into the raft.
We all laughed and began pushing the raft into the water.
"Ok remember if you fall out of the boat, your dead and I'm leaving you." Elton teased.
"Noted." I say smiling.
And the raft takes off in the current.

By the time we had reached the first rapids
Grey Clouds began taking over the sky's dragging in a cool breeze and along with it
a very un settling feeling.
The second set of rapids were surrounded by taller more intimidating rocks which the raft thrashed around between.
Everyone else seemed to be smiling and laughing in excitement un aware of the darkening sky above us.
In the midst of thinking the Raft slams agains a taller bolder sticking out from the water causing it to catch air making the impact against the water even harder and the splash even bigger restricting our ability to see.
When the raft settled into the water and my vision was clear I realized someone was missing..
"SAM?"