Truth or Dare - 10

"So... should we go inside?" He asks me.

I cleared my throat, "yeah."

I turned back around and opened the door. A waft of coffee beans filled up my noes, making my stomach yearn for the Vanilla Mocha. Next thing I know, I'm in the line for orders.

"Hello how are you?" The nice barista asked me.

"Great how about you?"

"Tired but okay. So what would you like for today?"

"A venti Vanilla Mocha and that's it."

"Okay, may I have your name?" She took out a sharpie from her pocket and took a venti cup from the holder.

"Y/N."

"Okay," she scribbled my name down. "Your order will be ready in a couple minutes!"

"Ok thanks!" I walk away and waited at the order line.

That's when I realized why I was here. I looked around for Tanner and see him sitting on a stool, staring at me. He quickly looked away when I saw him looking which made me blush.

Why is he making me feel this way still?

"Vanilla Mocha for Y/N?"

I said thank you again before grabbing my drink. I looked at the name area and saw they spelled my name incorrect, as usual. My name isn't even hard to spell so obviously they were probably told to spell it wrong on purpose like the Mandela effect.

I pulled out a stool next to Tanner and sat on it. I slurped on my drink and moaned. This drink is the highlight of my day.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

I turn and see Tanner looking in my direction.

"I was being a selfish jerk and I hate myself so much for that."

"I know." I say. Ok I guess it was a bit rude but he deserved it but then he looked a little more sad when I said that so I wish I could take it back.

"I didn't really think much of the bet. I'm being totally honest with you when I'm saying I actually forgot about it. I got so connected with you and I wish the bet was never a thing."

I take another sip, having all the words processed in my mind. How can I trust him when he broke my trust before?

"You can trust me," he says like he read my mind. "Y/N... I'm in love with you."

My eyes widened. "You, you love me?"

"I do." He took my hand that wasn't holding my cup. "I love you, Y/N."

-

A/N: for the people that is confused to why Y/N changed her mind about him because love is a HUGE step in a relationship. It isn't the same thing as saying "like". Usually, it would take a long time for someone to develop love for someone that isn't family.

I thought I should say this before people get confused.