Ugly - 9

"I have entered all our essay grades into the grade book, I don't know what I'm going to do with retakes so that is going to be continued later," the teacher says. "I will be handing out the essays now," the teacher walks forward with a stack of papers in his hands.

He starts dropping the papers on people's desk, one by one. He eventually reached my desk and plopped my ten-page essay down. At the very top right, it showed a bright red 'A+'.

I put it in my folder, not really surprised, as I feel Tanner poke my shoulder. I turn around in confusion and I see him holding his paper with a big smile on his face. I take my eyes to the area where the grade would be, and see an A. "Tanner I'm so proud!" I widen my eyes in shock.

I look up and see Tanner, satisfied with my comment. "So this is what it's like to get a good grade," he sighs.

I laugh but covered my mouth, realizing what I was laughing at. "Your laugh's cute."

That made me blush. Why does he always make me blush all the time? The teacher starts pointing towards the board, reviewing the notes. "Erm," I mumble out.

Really Y/N? Out of everything you could have said, you spit out "Erm"?

Tanner snorted. "Oh my god, did I say that out loud?"

Tanner nods, trying to keep his laughter inside. That made me blush even more. "Y-you look like, like a tomato!" He stutters, making his face red.

I bite my lip, trying to stop laughing. I can see everyone staring at us. Why are they staring at us? I look forward, trying to keep it all in, focusing on the teacher but it's no use. I look behind me and see Tanner's face his red, making me burst.

I laughed the loudest, the best laugh I have ever had in a while. And it's during class. Tanner starts laughing too, while the teacher gives us a deadly stare. Before he had the chance of yelling at us, the bell rang.

What a day.