Ugly - 17

I show up at Tanner's door. I'm wearing a crimson red crop top sweater, skinny jeans, and leather boots. I decided to put my hair in a messy bun because it decided to not work with me today.

I press the doorbell and wait for it to open. A couple seconds later, Tanner opened the door. He scanned my body and smiles when he made it to my face. "Come on in," he stepped to the side as I walked in. I looked around since I haven't seen this part of his house before.

I slip off my boots and I look back to his face. "So.. you were going to ask something?"

I feel my pulse growing higher and my palms getting sweaty. "Oh yeah, um..I wanted to ask you about the video."

My heart dropped. He just wanted to ask me about the video. That's all. How could I ever thought he would like me like that. Like I said, I'm ugly. He's perfect.

I clear my throat, "Oh yeah what about it." I try to act as normal as possible but it's hard because I can feel the weight on my shoulders become heavier. "Did you see the video?" He asks me in a serious voice.

"Uh yeah, the comments too."

He sighs, "Don't listen to the haters, sometimes they can go over board. I know it is hard but I just want to let you know that none of it is true. I think you're beautiful," he smiles.

Right, he is saying I'm beautiful as his friend. "Ok, yeah thanks." I look down at my feet and feel a curl of hair slip out of my bun and go down. I feel Tanner's hand bring the curl back up and tucked it behind my ear. "Don't be sad, it isn't a good look on you."

"Here, let's go to the foam pit!"

✌︎ Tanner's POV ✌︎

Broken. That is what I see in her eyes.

I knew I should have said it. But of course, my stupid self-decided to say something else. This girl drives me crazy. Yes, I was going to ask her. I really was. But I was too scared to be rejected. I've thought about her all night, thinking about the question.

This morning when I uploaded the video and saw all those comments saying horrible things about Y/N, it killed me. It absolutely made me angry. I tried deleting as many as the comments but there was too many.

I need to say something and cheer her up.

I add, "I think you're beautiful." I smile. But it doesn't work, she still looks sad.

"Oh yeah, thanks."

She looked down and a small part of her hair fell down. It was so tempting, I had to pull it back so I tucked it behind her ear. I see her tense up at and now I realize that I shouldn't have done it.

"Let's go to the foam pit!"

She looks up at me and scrunched her eyebrows. "But we just went to the trampoline park?"

I laugh, so cute. "No, follow me." I grab her hand and I feel all the sparks shoot through my hand. I lead her upstairs and she looked down.

She gasps, "Woah!"

She looked back up me like a little kid about to get his ice cream cone. "You can jump," I say. That's the last thing that was said before she leaped off and landed in the pit of foam blocks.

-----

A/N: Ok so yeah, pretty cliche. This book is named "Short Stories" so I didn't want to make this one long and drag it forever so I decided to have the both confess.

Finally!

I am writing two new books and I am super excited about it!!