Red of rebellion, of love, of vengance, of LIFE

The dark skies will rain down, and wash the town with tears we locked away. Our nightmares shadow the hallways and bedrooms of children yet to experience their own. You and I, will paint this place red. With the blood of our enemies, with the fears of our tortures, with the blaze of pistols, with the wicked weapons we use to save us, with the beat of a heart being revived, with the strength that your presence provides. With the flames of betrayal, with the roses upon the coffins of those who took us away. We shall paint this town red with our story and with our life....

Inej and Kaz in the poem I wrote above!
-----------------------
--------------------------------------------
"Brekker!" Kaz whirled, eyes widening and blood and water mixing in the canal beside the two shadowy figures. "Oomen?" Kaz whispered breathlessly and a smile fell over the shadowed skin and it glowed like a pistols ignition and Kaz could hear the echoes of his own dying cries through the franticly crying wind, silver eye like a bullet, headed straight for his head a large 'x' slashed into one side around his missing eye. "Where's your Wraith now?" Lighting flushed the streets in blinding white, sparks striking black stone and the two shadows on the cannals mirror like reflection blurred and the pale figure like ghosts had disappeared.

----------*smiles manically* I'm back! Did you miss me?-----------

Inej watched the storm blow around the mansion, feeling cold despite the blanket wrapped around her shoulders. She heard her friends chatter flutter through the door and rustle the silence she was absorbing. She focused on a droplet specifically as it made its way quickly along a trail the droplet before it has made, making slight differences each time this line was run over. She found herself back in Ketterdam, 3 months earlier then intended. Her crew was scattered among their favorite bars with friends and each other. Inej wasn't sure what was happening, why she needed to return suddenly and why it felt so depressing when she did. The door squeaked open and Wylan sat beside her, staring out at the storm. "He doesn't normally come. When we ask." He informed Inej, she huffed and a small half smile crossed her lips. "I'm not exactly surprised." She spoke softly, a small sigh escaping her lungs. Wylan leaned his head against the cool glass and kept his eyes on her. "Are you okay?" Inej's eyes landed on his. "Yes. I think- I need a distraction." He smiled. "Come join us... tomorrow we can go look for him. It's just too bad out there." Inej stood and started to follow him, only to reach the doorway and turn around, to watch the storm slam across roofs and running down, lighting flashing like a smile of destruction. Inej turned and walked down the stairs to where Wylan waited.

Inej woke that night from a dream that she would never forget. An arrow fighting through the storm, landing on nothing and skittering across the cobblestones. A pale hand picking it up and two topaz eyes glowing brightly along with a dangerous smile. Then they slowly turned black, the blackness began to consume the whites of his eyes and his smile fell. A black hand was placed on his shoulder and a red monster appeared, digging a clawed hand into his chest and pulling itself into the body, the pale fingers started to wither into mummified black flesh, and the arrow slid through his fingers into a pool of blood, snapping in half as it hit the ground. She was scared, what ever it meant, she needed to find Kaz now before it was too late, she wondered to what the red thing was behind him, she wasn't quite sure if it symbolized the present or what might happen. She stood and changed into her old Wraith costume, pulling her hood up and heading out into the rain and storm. It took a while of walking till she caught a snitch to silver in her eyes. She turned, spotting a small object, curiously she moved toward it, and there abandoned in a dark alley in a small puddle of watered down blood was a crow head cane, the crow head half submerged. Inej slowly picked it up,  not quite believing what she saw. She looked around but everything else had been all but washed away in the rain, nobody around. Inej realized their was nothing, no clue as to where she might find him, so she stood and went back to the Slat, hoping he might be there. Praying he hadn't needed her in this one fight.

So I hope you guys enjoyed. Jk their is a part two, so don't worry. Actually, maybe you should worry. Anyway- know it's been a while, I'm sick and stuff, please don't forget to comment and vote and I'll get started on writing the rest. The next chapter will have more of the poem btw.