Kanej wedding (night before sneak peak)

The soft patter of rain on the windowsill as Inej looked out toward the sky did nothing to douse her excitement. Kaz's hand was curled against hers, she was now hyper aware of the band of metal that rested on his finger much like the one she herself wore. She smiled when she thought of how long she had waited for this. The years of issues they had gone through and fights they had survived together.

He gently kissed the top of her head. "It's getting late." Inej leaned back into him slightly. "But you don't sleep. Natural hours anyway." Inej told him with a frown, he smiled playfully at her, her breath still caught at the sudden moments that he smiled. "Yes, but you do." He gently picked Inej up and carried her over to the(ir) bed. "I can walk just fine, thank you, besides you shouldn't be doing that to your leg." She told him fussily. "It's fine." He replied smoothly. Inej only grumbled under her breath 'says the one with a unhealable broken leg', because, as much as she worried for him and hated herself for it, she loved when he carried her, secure in his arms she could catch the scent of times past on him. He managed to have a scent buried beneath smoke and canal water of the Barrel.

He softly placed her down on the cushy mattress, brushing an ungloved hand against her forehead, dragging a stubborn-some strand of hair with it, behind the curl of her ear, causing her to blush for no quite reason. "Stay." She murmured, he scowled down at her. She tugged gently on his jacket. "One you need the sleep, Kaz. Two, I sleep better when your around and we have things we need to discuss about the wedding." He rolled his eyes and crawled into bed beside Inej, tugging his jacket off first, however keeping his vest on. Inej smiled, she liked it when he listened to her.

He got under he blankets with a sigh, bad leg aching. "I told you." Inej muttered, he shot her a glare before soothing over his expression. "So, what needs to be talked about?" He asked, running an ungloved hand through her hair, slowly unclipping and undoing the braid, his lock pick fingers moving easily through it. She hummed softly, happily. "Things. Pricing, what theme and style, where and..." Kaz was looking at her with amusement, "what?" Inej grumbled, only to cause a loving smile to cross over Kaz's face. "Can we not simply relax for the night first? It's a couple months away... just.. calm down, Inej. Take it one at a time.." a coy smile flashed across his face, fierce and dangerous, a predators smile... Dirtyhand's smile. "Brick by brick." Inej smiled back. Pulling him closer.

"I can't relax... I'm worried, what if it goes wrong Kaz?" Kaz tilted his head. "We can always improvise, wouldn't be the first time." She scowled at him, "improvising... isn't good Kaz. Your the master planner, you should know this.." Inej said, running a finger along a scar on his face. He sighed, snatching her hand in his softly. "We will find a way..." he reassured, though this didn't make Inej feel any better. "Inej- it's going to be fine. I promise." Inej nodded, wondering when he got so calm over these things as she nuzzled closer to him. "Fine. I trust you won't let planning slip too far away." He chuckled, stroking her cheek with one finger lightly. "We can start tomorrow if your really that worried." She nodded, happy and slowly relaxing.

"Hmmm... but one thing I want to get straight now. Your not wearing black." Kaz rose an eyebrow at her, she smiled sleepily and pulled his vest away letting it fall off of the bed. "You wear it everyday, besides... this is a wedding, not a funeral." Kaz huffed, but nodded and gently kissed her lips. "Only for you." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck and tugging him into a deeper kiss. Kaz slipped his arms around her back, pulling her up to him more. "So when do we tell Nina, Jesper and Wylan?" "When we need to." "Kaz!" "Just a few weeks of piece before the constant nagging and teasing, please." He moaned, stealing another kiss. "Fine-" Inej quietly laughed to herself, running her fingers lightly through his brown-black hair.