[SR] Chapter 10: ENTWINED DESTINY

CHAPTER 10
Entwined destiny

The two were bothered about the dollar bill and keep on wondering if their grandparents knew each other before.

“knight?, can reach your granddad now?”
“I don’t know, mom said he’s out of the country.
“but I couldn’t stop thinking about it”
“don’t worry Twinkle, I left a note for him”

The next month, when Alexander’s granddad went over to their place, he talked to him about something.

“grand dad?”
“do still remember the story you’ve told?”
“why you’d asked Alexander?”
“I have something to show to you”
Alexander handed the old dollar bill to granddad. His granddad was surprised, and unfolds the dollar bill. When he saw the serial, his tear fall, “where did you find this?”
“It’s from Arianna, she’s Carissa’s granny…”
Where is she right now?
“I’m sorry granddad, she died more than a year ago.”

After Carlos heard the news, they quickly went to Arianna’s tomb.

At the cemetery, Carlos lighted a candle and offered her a bouquet of flowers. And stared on her name that was engraved…

I couldn’t imagine that in this kind of moment we will meet again,
I’m sorry Ariana if I didn’t fulfill my promise.

Carlos went under a tree and sat on the bench, while Carissa followed him and handed him the old letter.

“I saw this on her attic, when I stayed there, I’m sorry; I just knew that you are the Carlos she has been talking about. Nevertheless, I’m glad to see at least even she’s not here, she could tell her feelings that’s been untold through this”

Then Carlos read the letter…

April 19, 1975

Dear Carlos,

I don’t know where you could be right now, they said you become a priest, but I don’t believe on them. How are you doing right now? Every day I keep on praying that you will always be safe and keep hoping that our roads will cross again. I still kept the dollar you’ve gave waiting for you to fulfill your promise.
But many years has passed you never come back not even a shadow, that really broke my heart. Yet I still loved despite of the pain. And I will love you till forever.
ARRIANA

Carlos cried and said to Alexander and Carissa.

She was my first love, my everlasting love; even I love the 2nd time, my love for never left. But maybe this isn’t really ours because somewhere in our distance, you both are born and destiny binds you.
Alexander and Carissa, don’t lose the chances of your life and let your relationship turn like ours.
But Still, I’m happy that I found her even when it’s too late.

—-XXXXX—-

The next day, they went to the lake together. They sit beside it shoulder to shoulder, as they watch the wonderful view...

“wonderful isn’t it?”
“yes, it’s beautiful”
“everything was perfectly matched.
“like us?”
“have you ever imagine if you granny and granddad met earlier and fulfilled their promises?”
“maybe you’re not here beside me now.”
“and maybe I’ll be standing alone here at this very moment”
“destiny is really mysterious”
“And God was really amazing, amazing on how He attached our string even when we are not yet born and how He wrote this wonderful love story of ours.

♥thank you for reading!♥