The Accident

A few months passed the due date was almost near. Siya was happy to see herself with the big belly, she looked at herself and laughed. Tanish saw her from the door, even he had a wide smile on his face. He returned to the hall and had a smile on his face, his mother noticed him with that pretty smile

"It has been so long since you smiled like that " she adored him.

"Mom she looks happy...." he again looked at her room.

"Why don't you confess your feelings for her son, I know she has already forgiven you," she said.

"No Mom, absolutely not, unless she tells the same to me, I know she has forgiven me, but still she doesn't love me Mom" he answered.

"But Tanish..."

" No Mom... No" he simply smiled and turned to leave.

"Where are you going? She asked.

"Dad has called me to be at his office" he replied.

"All the best and yes don't worry I'll call you if there is an emergency," she said smiling at him

"Well then I'll be more than happy sweetheart" he winked to her and left

A few hours later, Siya came up to Anjali

"Mom, did you see Tanish? I've been looking for him for long and I didn't see him" she asked.

"Siya, Shekhar called him to the office, he is there, Was there something important?" Anjali asked Siya.

"No Mom nothing important, just asking casually.." she replied.

Anjali got a phone call and she picked it up.

"Hello, Anjali Mehra hear," she said, but she was shell shocked with whatever she heard from the other side.

"No...this is not true, this can't happen," she said.

"What happened Mom, is everything alright," Siya asked, her anxious tone. Anjali went numb and mum, she dropped the phone that was in her hand

"Mom, what happened is everything okay, who called you?" asked Siya in a shivery voice.

"It was from Shekhar, Tanish, met with a major accident" she had tears in her eyes.

Siya couldn't hear this she sat on the bed tears fell off her eyes, she couldn't think of anything else. She cried aloud and suddenly she felt the labor pains

"Mom, mom..." she cried.

" Siya, what happened bachhe," a worried Anjali asked, she saw her in pain and she realized that it was time. She held her hand and took her along with her.

"Siya sweetie, come along with me," she said.

" Mom, I want to see Tanish, I want to meet him, Mom, please take me to him" she cried in pain.

She couldn't speak well but still, she wanted to meet Tanish.

" You have to first be concerned about your baby Siya " Anjali tried to make her calm.

She immediately instructed the driver to take them to the nearby maternity hospital and made Siya sit inside.

"Mom I want to see him first, please take me to him" Siya was weeping

" Siya, please let us visit the nearest maternity hospital first," Anjali said

" No mom, please take me to Tanish....please mom..." Siya hardly could talk, but she, again and again, took Tanish's name. Anjali agreed to take her to the same hospital in which Tanish was admitted

They reach the hospital. Siya persisted to see Tanish, but she was taken to the labor room, Anjali was in a fix, she didn't know what to do. Meanwhile, Shekhar also reached there.

"How is Tanish, is he alright? Is it something serious, tell me Shekhar" as soon as Anjali saw Shekhar she showered a series of questions on him.

"He is critical," Shekhar said

Tears swam in her eyes when she heard this from him, she cried hugging him, she couldn't control herself. A while later a huge cry was heard from the labor room and a few moments later the nurse came out with the small baby wrapped in the towel.

"Congratulations! It's a baby girl" she smiled handing the baby girl to them.

Anjali and Shekhar were happy but they could hardly smile. Meanwhile, Siya's parents and his brother were there, they saw the baby along with them

"How is Siya...How is Tanish?" they asked them.

"He is critical Sarika, he is critical" Anjali cried hugging Sarika.

"Tanish needs you people over there, you have to be with him at the ICU, we are here with Siya and the baby," said Aadarsh.

"Yes Anjali I think Aadarsh is right and don't worry nothing will at all happen to Tanish, he has to see his baby" Sarika tried to console Anjali.

Anjali and Shekhar thanked Aadarsh and Sarika and they rushed to the ICU section. A few minutes later Siya regained consciousness and she tried getting up

" Ma'am you have to lie down please Ma'am," the nurse asked her to take a rest.

"Tanish !!Tanish!!" she called Tanish. She didn't remember that she had just delivered her baby

The nurse tried to handle her, but when she was not successful she called her parents inside

"Mumma, where is Tanish? " was the first question she asked her mother.

"Is he alright, tell me...is there anything critical?" she asked again.

"Siya, calm down beta, please calm down" her mother tried to make her calm.

"Mom, where is Tanish...Mom..." she asked again.

"Siya, see you gave life to this beautiful girl, she is your baby Siya" Aadarsh handed her baby to her. Siya was happy to see her, but she still couldn't smile.

Tanish, our little bundle of love is in my arms

"Mumma please take me to Tanish please" she continued persisting with her parents, she was very much restless, so her parents decided to take her in the wheelchair. Siya saw Anjali and Shekhar and she cried hugging them.

"Tanish" she could only take his name.

A while later the doctor appeared before them.

"Doctor, how is Tanish? Will he be alright? Tell us doctor?" she asked.

"It was a very critical accident, and Tanish is also very critical, chances of his survival are very few, now excuse us please" the doctor replied and left the place.

Siya went mum when she heard it, she couldn't say anything, she didn't know what was happening around. She could recall every beautiful moment she spent with him from childhood, tears rolled down her cheek, she closed her eyes, she could see nothing else but Tanish's face appeared before her eyes.

"I want to see him once" these were the only words that came from her.

The doctor and the family agreed, they took her inside the ICU, she was beside him, she held his hand.

"Tanish, you can't go like this Tanish, you can't leave me alone, Tanish, I've forgiven you, please wake up, wake up Tanish...Tanish you are a father of a lovely daughter now, Tanish please wake up she is missing her Daddy" she said within tears.

"Tanish I know we made a silly agreement, and whatever you did to me was a result of that stupid agreement, it was my mistake too. Tanish now I realize that it was not the friendship we were tied to, I would have never allowed you to touch me before our marriage if you were just my best friend. Tanish you would have not been so angry that night if I was just a best friend to you. Tanish I never realized this before but today I do, that I LOVE YOU, and I know that YOU LOVE ME as well, not today, yesterday, but since our childhood, I LOVE YOU TANISH " she said and wept on his hand.

"Tanish I LOVE YOU and I don't want you to leave, please Tanish wake up, for me, for our daughter, Tanish please I don't want to lose you, please wake up"