A New Start

3 MONTHS LATER

Siya woke up early in the morning she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She placed her hand on her stomach.

"Come soon baby, I'm eagerly waiting for you," she said.

A sound took her attention it was from the door, she opened the door, the postman with the third money order of 8000 rupees.

"You still don't know who sends this money order to me," she asked the postman.

"No mam, I don't know, please leave your signature," he said.

Siya took the pad, signed it, and took the envelope inside. The third envelope, in these three months she received an amount of 8000 rupees every month, and this month on the same date, but she didn't know who sent that currency to her, she wanted to know about the secret helper, but didn't know who it was.

Not only the amount of 8000, but she knew someone helped her in some or other way, but he didn't want to reveal his identity to her. Siya had started working in Aadarsh's company, she wanted to work for herself and her child. She promised her parents and her in-laws that she wouldn't exert herself much.

In the evening, she decided to take a break and thought of having a cup of coffee. She entered the cafeteria, it was a new coffee shop in the locality, opened only a few months ago. She stepped inside and took a table, she looked for the menu but before she could order someone placed her favorite latte on the table, and a heart made on it.

"Excuse me this..." but before she could speak anything else, the waiter had already gone, she saw the heart on it and smiled, she remembered something of the past.

'Latte' her favorite, no one else than Tanish knew that it was her favorite. She always used to ask the waiter to make a heart on it. She liked it that way, the corners of her mouth curved into a smile. But then she again realized the reality she wiped her tears and took a sip of it.

After finishing it, she moved to the counter to pay the bill but while moving she felt as if someone very dear and near to her was around, she looked around but found no one.

"How much was for the Latte?" she asked.

"Ma'am it's nothing" the boy answered.

"Nothing? What do you mean by nothing?" she asked.

"Ma'am you have visited this cafe for the first time, so this is free for you" he answered. Siya smiled and walked out of the coffee house.

" Thank you Sahil for that gesture," a person dressed as the waiter said.

"Tanish, who will make the payments for the coffee?" he asked

"Take it from my salary, and will you please do me one more favor Sahil?" he asked.

"Tell me Tanish, you are my friend" he smiled.

"Whenever she comes over here can you attend her?" he pleaded and Sahil agreed.

A few days passed, this became a daily routine for Siya. She would come to the coffee house and Sahil would attend her. Sometimes Tanish made the payments by making her agree that there were some offers that day, this continued for a few days, but one day when Siya arrived at the coffee shop the place was quite crowded, and the other staff was busy serving them, there was no other person to attend her.

"I am sorry Tanish today you would have to serve her," said Sahil.

Tanish had no other option. He took the latte to her and placed it on her table, he turned before she could see him and walked away. Siya finished her coffee and moved to the payment counter, but while walking she felt as if her head was spinning. Tanish couldn't let her fall, he rushed to her and caught her hand.

"Siya" he called her name.

Siya heard his voice she looked at him. It was after three months that she was seeing him, somewhere in these three months she forgot the past, she wanted to hug him, a soft smile curved on her face.

"Siya are you okay? Are you alright?" he asked with a worried expression, he made her sit on the chair and offered water to her.

"Siya, have this"

Siya once again looked at him, her eyes were wet, but the glimpse of the past scrolled before her eyes and she immediately got up.

" I am fine, you need not worry," She said and left the place.

From the day onward she never returned to the coffee house. Tanish wanted to meet and apologize to her, but didn't know when would she return or when would he get the chance to meet her.

A few days later, Siya, was at the grocery shop to purchase a few things and Tanish saw her there. She made the payment and took the bag, it was quite heavy, Tanish held the bag.

"Tanish!"

"Let me help you" he almost took the bag from her hand.

"No it's okay, I would go by myself," she said.

"Siya, Siya please, please don't refuse me to help you, please" Tanish looked at her, apology showed up on his face. Siya nodded at him.

Siya and Tanish were walking along, but none of them spoke a word, finally, Tanish broke the silence.

"Siya, how is your health? I mean, you were, that day..."

"It's normal for a pregnant woman "she retorted.

Tanish looked shocked, he never expected her to keep his baby in her womb and again bowed his head in apology.

"I am sorry Siya, please forgive me, please" his eyes glistened.

Siya was also in tears, she took the bag from his hand and walked away from there...

'I love her, I'm in love with her' somewhere his heart said to him. He stood silent, he knew that he had fallen for the girl, but his misdeed was not forgetful.

A few days passed, Siya came to know that she had been receiving the money from him.

"No, I can't keep this money " she decided to return all the money to Tanish.

Siya took the cash she received every month, she took it along with her to the cafe.

"Where is Tanish?" she asked Sahil who was at the counter.

"I don't know Ma'am. I haven't seen him for the past three days, he even doesn't carry a phone number " he said.

"Do you have his address?" she asked.

"No ma'am I don't have it right now but I will surely find it for you" he promised Siya that he would get his address for her.

Siya was waiting for Sahil to get the address. An hour later, Sahil got his address and gave it to Siya. She took it and went to the address.

The entrance to the street in which Tanish lived was one where Tanish would never go. The stinking dirty roads, garbage in almost every corner of the street. Siya couldn't take it, she covered her nose and mouth, and after walking for a while, she reached his address. She knocked at the door but no one opened it, she felt as if something was wrong. She asked his neighbors to help her open the door, in which she was successful. When she stepped inside, she was shocked to find the condition of the house, everything littering around and Tanish was on the floor, unconscious, she walked up to him.

"Tanish, Tanish wake up, what happened to you" she screamed.

"Tanish, get up, look at me, Tanish it's me Siya" her eyes swam with tears. She never thought of watching Tanish in such a miserable condition, he was ill, his body temperature was high, his feet shivered with cold.

"Tanish, what happened to you? Why did you make this to punish yourself, Tanish...get up, it hurts more than it did that day" she couldn't see him in such a condition, with the help of a few people she took him to the hospital