Tied Knots

Siya was along with Anjali and Sarika, they had got her along with them so that she could shop something for the wedding. Siya was not at all interested, she simply agreed because she didn't want to disappoint both the mothers.

"How is this one honey?" asked her mom, showing a pretty peach colored 'Lehenga' to her

"Brilliant!" she commented without even looking at it.

"Oh, God! Siya, please leave that silly phone of yours, we are deciding your 'wedding joda', it's all related to you Siya," Sarika said.

"Mom, whatever you'll choose, I'll look good in it" she replied and continued playing a game on her phone.

"Siya beta look at this, How's this one, this is a very beautiful color, isn't it Sarika?" Anjali said looking at a beautiful maroon lehenga.

"Ya sure auntie, buy that" Siya was disinterested she simply said this without having a look at it.

Tanish called Anjali, he was there to pick up the ladies.

"Tanish, why don't you come up and help us darling" Anjali spoke up on the phone.

"No, Mom How can I help ladies with shopping," he said.

"Beta please come up, It's your wedding, come up dear " she insisted on him.

"Okay Fine" he disconnected the call and got up to the shop in the mall.

"Tanish, your would-be wife seems disinterested in shopping. Why don't you pick a perfect piece for her?"  Sarika said with a smile

"She is a duffer, what does she know, let me see" Tanish commented and started looking at the various choices of both the ladies, but he liked none, he looked around and his eyes went on a beautiful piece that was in the corner.

"That one, in the corner," he said pointing to a red and golden one. Siya looked up, to see his choice.

"OMG! its's beautiful Tanish" she stood up with happiness

"You like it?" Anjali asked.

"Yes definitely, it's beautiful," Siya said grinning at her.

"So is it selected, ladies?" Tanish asked the three of them, they agreed.

"You may take the measurements," Anjali told the tailor. He took Siya's measurements and asked someone to pick it a week later.

"Tanish why don't you fix something for yourself as well. I find a good collection for men over here" Sarika said looking around.

"But why? I mean I'll get anything, it's not that important" he shrugged his shoulders.

"Why not Tanish, Siya is also along with you, she'll help you out, meanwhile, I and Sarika will select some pieces of jewelry for Siya from the next shop" Anjali suggested.

"But Mom!" before he could complete, Anjali glared at him.

"Okay fine" he gave up.

Anjali and Sarika left the store, while Siya and Tanish continued shopping. It was almost half an hour but they couldn't find anything for him.

"Siya, what the hell are you doing girl? I've tried over 30 outfits now I m tired " Tanish snapped. Siya had made him try every outfit that she liked but none of them clicked her eyes when he tried it on.

"Wait a minute, this is the last one I promise" she smiled giving a puppy look to him.

"Siya, how does it matter?"

"No absolutely not, it's not for you, it's for me, come on try this one" she winked at him.

Tanish was annoyed, but he still took the last choice of hers and tried it, he came out and looked in the mirror.