Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"N-No, I wasn't." I hesitantly reply.

I gasp when he grabs my wrists and pins them above my head. He leans his face near mine, with our lips just inches away.

"Don't lie to me, Jung Eunji. You've been lying to me a lot, recently. And even now, you're lying to me, again." Jungkook speaks with a hint of anger in his tone.

I furrow my eyebrows and ask. "How?"

"First off, I know you have feelings for him. It's so obvious. Whenever someone mentions his name or when you're around him, you always seem to blush. And even yesterday's lesson, I knew you were getting up to go and be partners with hyung, but luckily I stopped you." He explains.

My eyes widen and I reply, "H-How do you know all this?"

"Eunji, I've been noticing this for a month now. Even when he comes to our door and asks for me, you always want to answer it first because you know it'll be him at the door." He replies.

I look down, not saying a word and trying to avoid his gaze.

"And something tells me that you're going to ask him out to Valentine's Night for tomorrow." He adds.

"S-So what if I'm going to confess to him? Have you got a problem with that?" I ask, trying to wriggle my wrists out of his grip, but he tightens it even more.

"Actually, I do. And in fact, I don't want you to." Jungkook snaps.

I finally free myself from his grasp and scoff as I glance at him. "Well, tough. Cos I am going to confess my feelings to him. Whether you like it or not, I really don't care."

As I'm about to walk away from him, he grabs my wrist and turns me around to face him. He stares at me with an intense expression. "Eunji, you're not understanding my point. I won't let you confess your feelings to him."

"Oh, really? Why won't you? Go on, explain that to me?" I snap back, folding my arms across my chest.

"Because...if he rejects you, you'll end up being the one who will get pain in the end and...I don't want you to go through anymore pain again." He replies back, with a concerned tone.

I furrow my eyebrows and speak after several seconds of silence. "What are you talking about? Again?"

Just as Jungkook was going to reply, a sudden knock on the door interrupts us.

"Aah, that might be V hyung. So are you going to answer the door or shall I?"

I sigh and shake my head in annoyance. As I walk to answer the door, I hear him scoff and utter, "Thought so."

I roll my eyes and open the door. I smile brightly when I see Taehyung. "Hey, Taehyung."

"Oh hi, Eunji! Is Jungkook ready?" Taehyung asks.

I nod in reply and see Jungkook walking to the door. "Hey, hyung! I'm sorry but I need to speak to Eunji just for two minutes, then I'll be out."

My eyes widen. Oh no. Please don't let it happen, Taehyung. Please!

"Oh yeah, sure. I'll just wait out here for you." Taehyung replies and smiles.