29: Ice Cream Heaven

Start from the beginning

Ok, so it literally is heaven.

Chen immediately fan-girled and ran inside. The others just rolled their eyes, having no choice but to follow. As soon as we got inside, everyone froze. This smell. Strawberries, mint, and cinnamon, all mixed up in the air. My heart felt like it flew out of my chest and crashed back in. Even the coldest among the coldest, Lay, couldn't keep his eyes from sparkling.

It was clear. Everybody fell in love with this place.

*1 HOUR LATER*

"Oh~~ Drunk in your love~~ Drunk in blueberry ice cream~~" Xiumin sang, and continued slurring some more intelligible words. We couldn't do anything but stare at him in pity. Apparently, Chen's little ice cream virus has reached out to him, and is now keeping him from thinking rationally. So basically the calm and composed Xiumin now looks totally wasted. Honestly, it was scary and funny at the same time.

"Maeji," Kai called, and I automatically turned to him. Then he pinched my nose. As I opened my mouth to gasp for air, he stuffed another spoonful of chocolate mint into my mouth. A soon as I swallowed it, I started coughing and pinched his cheeks in annoyance.

"I told you I'm full already! I can't eat any more chocolate!"

"Yes you can," he giggled and pinched me back, and a little pinching competition started again. We were both yelling in pain, but none didn't want to stop.

"Kai, stop. You're hurting her." Tao suddenly spoke in a commanding tone, and the warm atmosphere suddenly turned cold. Such a grumpy old man. It didn't actually hurt that much. We were just playing around! So yes, once again, he successfully made me and Kai awkward again. What's his problem? Can't he just join in the fun and laugh along?

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out to check, and it was a message.

"Can you come home for a moment, sweetie? We need to tell you something. --- Mom"

I glanced at Kai. Even though I haven't said anything yet, he already knew something was up. If my mom can't just say it in a text, then it must be extremely important.

"Um, guys, I think I have to go now."

"What? NOOO!!!" Chanyeol whined. The others second the motion. I could only show them an apologetic smile. Aww, such cute kids.

"My parents need me at home. Don't worry, we'll see each other again soon anyway."

"I'll take you." Tao stood up.

"No, don't bother yourself. Kai can take me there." I flashed him a quick smile, before Kai and I ran outside. As soon as we turned a corner, he grabbed my hand, and that familiar black mist flashed by my eyes again. We were already in front of the house.

"Call me when you need me." He showed a dazzling smile and kissed my forehead. Then he disappeared. I ran inside the house and as soon as I opened the door, I saw mom and dad sitting in the living room, looking more stressed than ever. My brows immediately scrunched up in worry as I kissed them by the cheek.

"What's wrong, appa, umma?"

"Maeji," mom began. "We received a note from the leaders of your dad's previous company. They think that they found another company willing to let them merge and build from scratch."

"Well, that's great right? That's amazing!" I beamed, but they only exchanged worried glanced. Mom continued.

"Sweetie, the thing is... it still needs further discussion and they need your father to be there. So we have to go back to Seoul for a while."

"What?" I felt million icicles stab my heart. We have... to leave... for Seoul? Does that mean I'd be separated from the boys again? From Kai? From Tao??

We're worried about you, sweetie. Would you be ok here alone?"

"I... I'll stay?" I whispered, trying my best to keep myself from bursting in happiness. Must keep calm. They'd think I'm weird and decide to bring along their possibly mentally ill daughter. I won't have to leave the boys! OMG yay!!!

"Yes, we can't interrupt your studies. We'd be gone for around two weeks, maybe more. How will you eat if you can't cook?"

This made me flush red. Yes, my friends. Cha Maeji here can't cook. I'm such an embarrassment to the female population.

"I can invite my friends once in a while. They would really like it." I smiled reassuringly, not forgetting to leave out the most important detail: That my friends are actually boys. Eleven smoking hot boys.

"Oh that's great! At least you'll finally have some fun!" Mom clapped her hands, smiling brightly.

"We'll leave early tomorrow morning. If something wrong happens to you, don't hesitate to call us, okay?" Dad said as he kissed my forehead."

"Never forget that we love you." Mom hugged me tightly. Ok, they're making it seem like I'll never see them again. I don't want to cry!

"I love you too." I sighed. They stood up and gave me bright, loving smiles, before heading to our rooms.

"We'll go pack our things, ok sweetie? You can go back to your friends now. I hope we didn't disturb something more important." Silly mom. Of course there's nothing more important that my parents! Sighing contentedly, I stared at the ceiling, wondering. I'd be alone in the house for 2 weeks.

Why did I suddenly get this feeling that a lot of things would happen? Well, with the Hellion Brothers, things are always happening. We just have to sit back, wait, and see.

* * * * * * * * * *