6: A Red Wolf

A/N: You might want to listen to the music as you read. :3

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As I walked down the stairs after classes, I couldn't help but ponder. I was able to make Tao smile? Why, was he really that glum of a person that making him crack a smile could pass as a world record? Sadly, Suho wasn't able to explain further than that due to Tao's immediate death glare. I remembered that look, and indeed, it was scary as heck. If he looked at me like that, I probably instantly died inside.

I shook my head, deciding to just shake off the matter. As I looked back up again to focus on my path, I was confused when people started moving out of my way as if I were Moses. Or that disgusting girl with a scratch on her face. Just before I could feel embarrassed again, a hand landed on my shoulder.

"Shall we walk you home?" It was Kai, and he was with some of the boys: Chanyeol, Chen, Sehun, and Baekhyun. Secretly relieved that I wasn't the main reason for the attention, I smiled and waved at them, still feeling a little awkward.

A girl suddenly approached Sehun with her head bowed. "S-S-Sehun-oppa, I-I have something for you..." She held out a wrapped box, and he turned to her with a charming smile as he took the item.

"Gomawo, miss." He patted her hair, making her freeze. "I'll take care of it."

"Palli Sehun-ah! Enough flirting!" Baekhyun scolded as we started walking. However, before Sehun could even move an inch, another girl approached him, and another, and another. Baekhyun face-palmed and just gave up, leaving him behind.

"That's normal," Kai whispered, and I chuckled.

"Why don't girls swoon over you as well?" I wondered. I thought all of them were good-looking enough to pass as kingkas, but well, Sehun's hair was indeed more captivating. But that doesn't mean they don't have their individual charms.

"Are you implying that I'm hot?" Kai whispered playfully, and I immediately felt flustered. He chuckled in delight. "Well, he's the flirty one. Most of us prefer less fangirl-infested lives, but there are others secretly jealous of Sehun as well." He flicked his eye towards the three boys behind us.

"Yah we know you're badmouthing us in front of her." Chanyeol caught Kai in a head-lock, and Chen just laughed at them. Sehun, anyway, finally caught up to us just as we exited the building. He was smiling genuinely, holding a load of assorted gifts. He suddenly handed me one.

"I don't really eat chocolate." He smiled and I thanked him, though feeling sorry for the giver. It's been a while since I experienced the heavenly taste of chocolate, anyway.

"Pfft, as if that could gain you muscles." Baekhyun snickered, and Sehun glared.

"Just to remind you, hyung, I have abs and you don't." With that, they started bickering, and I just listened in amusement. I never knew arguing could be this adorable. As we reached the gate, they fell silent as they saw the rest. Turns out, they were just waiting for us by the gate.

"It took you quite long, didn't you?" Xiumin stated. I looked around and silently prayed Tao wasn't there but of course, he was. Our eyes met for a second, but we immediately altered our gazes.