26: Plan

"If he already knew about me before, then why didn't he just stab me and kill me on the spot?" I questioned as I continued pacing back and forth. We decided to talk about this dangerously confidential matter in their dorm, to make sure that nobody else; not even rats, can hear about it. None of us was sitting around since we were all obviously stressed by this topic.

"He's unpredictable, Maeji. He has his own way of dealing with things. He's not just any rogue ability-wielder. He's a genius one." Suho answered.

"We were already expecting that he would try to get inside the dome while we're gone, but not the part where he'll actually get in." Kai's brows furrowed in an irritated manner. I was still feeling absolutely guilty that I almost had a little crush on our most dangerous enemy. I really, really should have just preferred being late. When I finally got tired of walking around, I flopped down their couch and buried my face in my hands.

"Oh God, I don't want to die yet."

"You're not going to die," Chanyeol knelt in front of me to pry my hands away from my face. His gentle smile made me feel a little better, making me slightly smile back. "We'll protect you no matter what it takes."

"So now, we have to double—No, triple our precautions at all times. We cannot let him go near Maeji again. Not even breath the same air. So we need to have an organized plan." Suho stepped to the center, indicating that the boys have to listen closely. "Luhan, Sehun, Chen. Any little disturbance to the dome, even if it's just a bird, report immediately. D.O, always stick around Sehun. We never know when flying dust would be needed."

A microscopic smirk formed on D.O's lips as he nodded. Suho continued. "As usual, Xiumin and I will be partners. Lay, you know what to do."

With a mocking smile, Lay glanced at Chanyeol and chanted a phrase. "Burns~ Burns everywhere~"

"Yah, I can't help it if I'm not used to it yet!"

"We're not looking down on you, Channie. We're just making sure that your blisters will not get infected. Lay will be your best buddy for a while, arasseo?" Instead of brightening up, Chanyeol only pouted as he glared at Lay who was still sending him mocking stares. I was about to laugh at them, but Tao's voice immediately pulled me right back to the not-so-fun reality.

"And Maeji is not allowed to leave my sight." He said as he eyed me as if I was going to run off at any minute. I only gave him a weird stare.

"I don't really want to ruin any possible romantic moments in your future, animas." Lay said to us with a sly smile. "But no matter how good you are in martial arts, Tao, you would still need Kai around just in case."

"I should look out after all of you anyway, so I'm required to shift around from time to time." Kai quickly said while nervously glancing between Tao and I. No, Kai! I would definitely need you right beside me! I'm scared to be alone with Tao again!

"Yes, we know that, but Lay is right." Xiumin nodded towards the blonde man. "As much as possible, while we're not calling for you, stay with Maeji. She's a lot more precious than us."

Ok, I kind of blushed at that one.

"It's still quite early," Suho smiled as he checked his watch. I guess the meeting has ended. "Who's up for some training?"

Everyone's faces instantly lit up, and their eyes automatically switched to bad ass mode. They looked like wolves ready to hunt. They looked awesome. Then Baekyun froze as he remembered something.

"Suho-hyung, what was my task again?"

Suho froze as he realized that he forgot to give Baekhyun a part in the plan.

"Uh... Flashbang."

"Maeji, do you want to home already or do you want to watch?" Luhan asked, and patiently waited for my answer as I closed my eyes to think deeply. Then a smile slowly crept up my lips as I looked up.

"I'll definitely watch."

* * * * *

I didn't expect them to be this serious. We were back at their in-the-middle-of-nowhere training grounds but this time, it looked creepy as well. The sky was cloudy so we had no source of light, so Chanyeol had to light up a few bonfires around the "battle ring" they created. It also helped the place become less brutally cold. I think I was the only one bothered by it, though since the boys even took off their jackets, leaving only their tank tops and their well-defined muscles. Yeah, ok, I was looking around a little. Who could resist those kind of bodies anyway?!

"Aren't you guys afraid to badly hurt each other?" I asked Lay in concern. I was standing right beside him as he stood as referee in their little competition. They had to fight one on one, and whoever becomes the champion gets to be treated for one day as king.

Lay glanced at me with amused eyes, "If nobody gets hurt, then what am I here for?"

I suddenly shivered. I didn't know if it was because of the cool wind or what he just said, but I really hoped it was the wind. Lay really could creep me out sometimes.

"First up, Suho and Chanyeol."

"BWOOOOOOH??!!" Chanyeol immediately complained. "Of course Suho-hyung will win! How can you expect fire to defeat water?!"

"Do you see water anywhere?" Lay said coolly, making all of us freeze. Right. Nobody brought water. How will Suho use his power, then? Then it clicked in my head. Together, as if everyone else read my mind, we simultaneously looked up at the cloudy sky. He will have to bring down the clouds and make it rain. And don't think that would be easy.

I think this would be one long awesome night.

* * * * * * * * * *

To those of you still confused between their powers(and because I'm a kind unnie, I'll include their emblem colors):

Tao - time (red)

Suho - water (deep blue)

Xiumin - frost (sky blue)

Kai - teleportation (black)

Lay - healing (yellow)

Luhan - telekinesis (silver)

Chanyeol - fire (orange)

Sehun - wind (white)

D.O - earth (brown)

Chen - lightning (purple)

Baekhyun - light (lime)

And everybody's favorite:

Kris - flight (gold)

Challenge: Can you point out each members' symbols from the image?