11: An Announcement

The hidden story of the Hellion Brothers both fascinated and saddened me. According to Suho, they were all from a secret bloodline where 12 families are bestowed their own individual abilities. Each family will have only one child able to inherit the family power, who will be required to be independent and figure out his "gift" on his own. They were those chosen children, and I was already aware of the missing one, Kris.

Tao has the time-control ability, and he has the crimson emblem, or that red wolf-pin that I saw.

Kai has the teleport ability, and he has the black emblem.

Lay, as I have witnessed before, has the healing ability, and the yellow emblem.

Chen has lightning and the purple emblen.

Luhan has telekinesis and the silver emblem.

Chanyeol has fire and the orange emblem.

Xiumin has frost or ice, and his emblem color was my favorite: Sky blue.

Sehun has wind, and the white emblem.

Baekhyun has light, and the lime emblem.

D.O has earth, which is probably why they had such beautiful plants around, and has the brown emblem.

Lastly, Suho, having the water ability, has the deep blue emblem. He's probably in charge of watering the plants.

They thought I didn't notice that they missed the 12th color, but I didn't bother to ask since I wasn't supposed to know about Kris anyway. Luhan whispered to me that he has the flight ability and the gold emblem.

Suho also said that they were only forced to study in this delinquent school, away from their own families, to hone their abilities to "control everything, despite of having nothing." In fact, everyone from their bloodline was well off and had plenty of riches and properties, but it has become their tradition to teach humility first thing to remind them that not because they are slightly more powerful than normal humans, means they could be superior in everything else. I could see that it was a very good objective, but I still couldn't imagine how hard it must be to be so far away from your loved ones without any communications whatsoever. But they had no choice but to suck it up and just deal with it.

To top that, they had to deal with people trying to kill them because of being part of very affluent families that owned major companies. There were men desperate to steal others' hard-work, that they wouldn't even hesitate if it would require taking a life.

"And one of those men could fly," I silently thought, but didn't dare say it out loud.

Despite of already knowing their whole story, there was still one big question that was bothering me. How was I connected to all this? How was I able to see that wolf image, and why did I only see it in Tao's pin, and not on Kai's?

A crumpled paper suddenly hit my face, breaking into my thoughts. I looked at the direction it came from and saw Lay smiling, shaking his head at me spacing out. I picked up the paper and straightened it.

"If you have questions, ask Tao."

My eyebrow rose. How could I expect answers from a person that obviously wants to avoid me? Sighing, I neatly folded the note and put it in my pocket. Maybe sometime.

* * * * * * * * * *

After classes, I marched down the long flight of stairs, ignoring the people's stares. It was still a weird thing to me, but since it seemed like it wouldn't stop any soon, I should probably just get used to it. Just as I was about to exit the building, the school bulletin near the front door caught my eye. A certain announcement was calling out to be read with its huge "ATTENTION" sign at the top. I stepped closer to read it.

Initiation of new students will be held on the last Friday of the month.

Freshmen and transferees, attendance is a must.

-SYNC-

Shocked and horrified, I slowly backed away from the bulletin, as if it could help me escape from the cruel reality. Seriously, why would they even want to initiate new students? What for? What would they do? If I go to this event, all my efforts of hiding my identity will be put to waste. I need the boys' help. They must know a way to exempt me from this.

I turned around to walk away, but suddenly bumped into someone. For a moment, I felt dread as I kind of expected it to be the queenka, but I sighed in relief when I saw it wasn't her. It was just an average-looking girl only slightly taller than me, with average black hair, almond eyes, and porcelein skin.

I quickly bowed as I mumbled a sorry.

"It's okay," she softly smiled, but it quickly changed to a shocked expression. "Wait, aren't you that girl that tried to stop the fight yesterday?"

I bit my lip, not sure if her comment would be nice or rude, but eventually slowly nodded. Her soft smile returned.

"You were so cool back there. Nobody else would have dared to do that."

"But I failed...," I mumbled, looking down at my feet.

"So what? At least you tried!" You stood up for what you believed was right. I'm Yeol Gwen by the way. Nice meeting you, awesome Cha Maeji." She reached out to shake my hand.

"How did you know my name?"

"Nametag," she grinned, and I metally face-palmed. Oh yeah, we have nametags. It was my turn to look at hers and realized that she was from IV-A. So she's classmates with Xiumin?

"Nice meeting you too, Gwen-Sunbaenim."

"You don't have to call me that." She waved it off with her hand. "I'm glad nobody else aside from that A-hole Kenji and his troop got hurt."

I smiled, not because I agree but because of relief. I was glad she didn't see what happened to me. But her brows suddenly furrowed as if she was trying to remember something.

"Wait... I remember seeing you collapse... You were bleeding!" She automatically looked at my stomach, but I immediately wrapped my arms around my waist to hide it.

"Ah, i-it was just a scratch. I'm okay now."

"Are you sure? May I check-"

"Maeji!" A male voice suddenly called out coming from the stairs, cutting off Gwen. I waited for the cluster of students to step aside to reveal who it was, and it was Suho. "What are you still doing here? Don't you want to go home yet?"

"No, I was just talking to-" I turned, but realized that Gwen was already gone. I looked at all directions to see where she could've gone, but she was nowhere to be seen. My brows furrowed as I turned back my attention to Suho who was waiting for me to finish my statement.

"N-nothing. I just checked the bulletin. Let's go." Suho nodded and started walking. For the last time, I glanced behind, wondering. After a while, though, I just gave it up and shrugged, Maybe she was just afraid of Suho like the others and wanted to stay away before he became close. Yeah, that must be it.

* * * * * * * * * *

[A/N]: The emblem colors are in the media. ❤️