Chapter Twenty Two

*George's PoV*

We left the bar convinced that we had a problem. A big problem. To be completely honest our situation seemed unsolvable.

Sun was slowly setting, at this time Hamburg starched to life. Streets were full of people. You could hear their talks and laughs. How could they be so happy? Despite the sun and my suit my entire body got cold shivers. I looked at Ringo, who was walking right beside me. This man looked like a disaster. Head hanged, no hope left. Just like he already heard the decree, like he was walking right to the prison now and not come back home. After all we still had a chance, right?

Right? So why all of them sounded so certain? They took all of Pete's word like some kind of irrefutable truth. I tried to stay positive, but I was falling apart. What's going to happen to Ringo? I didn't even want to think about them locking him in prison. That had to be one big mistake! And what's with me? Are they going to find something on me as well?

"Hey... It's gonna be alright, you know? All's not lost yet!" I said in Ritchie's direction. I wasn't sure if he heard me though, so I nudged him slightly.

"You know it is, Geo..." Was the only answer.

John was walking quietly, staring at the ground. He stopped in front of our car, so we could have a cigarette. We all needed it as hell at this very moment. I made sure to keep all the bad thought away from me, just for a while. Then I heard some footsteps.

"Hey guys... What did I miss?" I looked up to see Paul, standing by my side. Just like nothing has happened.

We didn't even say hello, just gave him some angry looks. We had every right to be mad. Cigarette fell out of my mouth, when I finally managed to speak.

"They want to lock Ringo in, you fucking bastard! Judge believes in Pete's every word!" I didn't mind screaming at him. He has betrayed us. John and Richard looked nervous though. They kept looking at me, then at him, and at me again. Like we were going to fight or something.

"W-what? Impossible..."

"Exactly! And you didn't help at all by running away like a child!" Okay at this very moment I really wanted to hit him. But I knew I would regret it, so I stopped myself and decide to stay quiet.

At the same time John walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder, like he always did. "George, calm down. It won't change anything..."

"Let's go back home, please," Ringo whispered. It made all my anger disappear.

I sighed. "Okay, sorry."

We got into the car.

All the way back home I was like in some strange trance. Streets were passing by, but I didn't even aware. I was just staring mindlessly into the space. I could feel everything falling down hill and it wasn't nice at all.

When we finally made our way to Brian's the atmosphere was quite tense. That pissed me off. We gave up before everything was over.

"Hey, Rings..." I got closer to the boy sitting apathetically on the sofa, smoking. He looked at me and put it out. I took his hand. My fingers locking around his own, full of rings. "No matter what will happen, we're gonna go through it... together."

He sighed deeply.

"I-i... I'm so scared," the older man confessed. "Everything's ahead of me. I don't want to end up like some bloody criminal in my twenties! I didn't do anything! Anything...." His blue eyes were shining, on his lashes I could see tears. They slowly fell down his cheeks. At this sight my heart literally broke into pieces.

I hugged him tightly. Like I could protect him from all the evil of this world. I really wished I could do so.

He cried on my arm for a moment, but then I just couldn't help myself anymore and shed a few, tears. Everything just got fucked so bad.

I was afraid, really afraid of next trial. I was terrified of what was going to come.

We kissed. It was sweet kiss, full of love and I didn't want it to end. I wanted to stay like this without worrying about cops that can come and ruin everything. And why would they? Only because we loved each other. I couldn't understand this but I didn't even bother. Not then, because then, at this very moment I felt safe.

We were sitting quietly for a longer time, not knowing what to say. Until Lennon banged his fist on the table. "You know what? If nothing seems good, at least let's get drunk."

"I'm in," mumbled Paul, while I just shrugged.

After a moment we already had some food and something to drink. Ringo and I sat aside. I instantly found him sitting on my lap, holding me tight. It was so good to know that police won't bother us for a while.

I stroked Ringo's hair, and he raised his head, looking me right in the eyes.

"Thank you," he whispered.

"You are very welcome Ritchie." I kissed his forehead. "I'd do anything for you, you know?"

Drummer nodded his head.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Our lips got closer. This moment could have last forever. I heard the guys' cheer and applause behind us. I loved them, and their enthusiasm. I have to admit, I blushed slightly though. Still, I couldn't stop the laughter. Ritchie saw it and touched my cheek. After that he kissed it gently, which made me blush even more. But I wasn't complaining. His kisses were so... soft and subtle. Just like him.

To be honest I didn't know what the rest is even doing. They surely had fun, but I focused on the lovely boy on my lap. I haven't seen the world beside him. After some time, when Ringo finally let go off my month, he yawned and rested his head on my shoulder. Silence lasted a moment.

"Ritchie? You asleep?" I whispered.

Slight nod was his only answer. Poor baby. He had to be exhausted. I didn't think this exact position was very comfortable, so I got up as delicate as I could. I picked him up and carried to the bedroom. He wasn't as heavy as I have expected.

I turned around to face my friends. They were sitting at the table full of empty bottles, plates with some food waste and other trashes.

"Well, well, well, did our drummer fall asleep?" John pointed at us.

"Yeah, I guess he hasn't slept in a long time. I'm going with him up stairs. Please, don't be too loud, will you?" I asked shyly. "He could use some good rest."

"Sure thing." John saluted and nudged Paul. "We won't make a sound."

I walked into the bedroom with the boy still in my arms. I put him down on big, squashy bed and wrapped a blanket around my lover. Then I lied next to him myself. I thought he was already asleep, but then his hand reached towards me and pulled me closer and smiled. At this moment I was the happiest man alive. I didn't need anything else. We fell asleep hugging.

***

Late but long okay xD
Also aww my beans, I love them too much ♥
Next chapter gonna be shorter so i shall get it done on time lol
Wish me luck and I hope you enjoy