Chapter Twenty One

*John's PoV*

Macca obviously didn't come back. Maybe that's better. He would probably tell them everything...

I stood up and walked to the courtroom, full of self-confidence, because I couldn't let them know I've been nervous. Everything would have been lost then.

The long and mercilessly boring trial begun. I told them what they wanted, from my name, how I met the 'defendant', to today's situation.

"Have you ever suspected the defendant of homosexual tendencies?" I heard a question. Very stupid question.

"No, why, I was just shagging him." My answer was full of sarcasm.

The judge looked at me like at a fool. "Mister Lennon, it's a court, not a circus."

"Of course, I'm sorry, Your Honour," I said with a fake repentance.

Time was passing by, question after question. I got more and more annoyed by a monotonous judge's voice and those stupid question made me want to scream. Damn, I wanted to stand up, spit on them and walk away. But I couldn't, I promised myself to act nice. For the boys.

"Would you tend to believe that the defendant Richard Starkey and George Harrison had a romance?"

Oh for fuck's sake.

"Of course, but more likely I'd believe he had a romance with my auntie." I really couldn't stop myself to say this.

"Mister Lennon!"

"I'm sorry..."

I was afraid they'd throw me out of the room the next time. Luckily, the next time didn't come; this shit was over, I could finally sit down and be quiet until the end of the trial.

Then it was Ringo's mother and stepfather's turn — Elsie stood by her son, Harry was rather distant. After that some people I didn't even know started coming to the room and I got bored quickly.

Finally, the bigheads needed a moment to confer and let us walk out of the room. They called us back only to tell about another trial. It didn't sound well for Ringo.

***

Am I late? I guess I'm late... sorry, authors of the story just started school :/

I hope you understand tho c:
Voting and commenting is still very welcome btw

I don't have much to say so have a day and byee