Ch. 7 // "Risk your life again and I'll kick you"

*Disclaimer: I don't own Teen Wolf or it's story line. I only own Veronica and her story line. All rights go to Jeff Davis and MTV / Not edited

Gasping for air as we close the doors behind us Stiles, Scott and I look around trying to find something to keep the alpha out and us in. I take a peek out of the window on the doors and see the bolt cutters that Stiles had dropped when we were running. I guess he must've noticed what I was staring at because he pulled me back before I could even take a stope forward.

"Ronnie, no" He simply states. I understand what he's saying just from two words but I have to do it. It's either be a damsel in distress or actually be active in my life for once. So without saying anything I pull my arm away and glance at Scott before opening the doors and running out of the school. This is the most spontaneous and dangerous thing I've ever done in my life but it made me feel....alive.

I take a quick look at the alpha who is still occupied with Derek making me feel bad for leaving him like that. I shake the distraction from my head and quickly grab the bolt cutters causing me to do a little happy dance in my head. I thought I was safe but I guess I spoke to soon when the boys started banging on the school doors loudly obviously trying to get my attention. I give them a questioning look because the thick glass makes it impossible to hear their voices.

But my confused face quickly turns into a terrified one when I see the alphas focus now on me and he looks angry. My feet act quicker than my mind can process and before I know it I'm running like my life depends on it...well it does. For some reason the school doors seem farther than they were the first time I came out of them and everything is going in slow motion.

I ascend the stairs as fast as I can and reach the doors that are now open where Scott and Stiles are anticipating my entrance. Just as I slip through the doors I feel one sharp claw stroke through the sweater that I was wearing making me feel a cold breeze on my back but I make it. I try to check out the opening on my sweater when I get tackled by Stiles pulling me in for a hug.

"Don't ever scare me like that again," he whispers in my ear causing me to smile a bit and hug him back.

He smells really good. Was that creepy?

"Im sorry for doing something so impulsive" I say to the two boys once Stiles and I pull away, "I just wanted to not feel so useless for once." I look down finally admitting the cause of my actions.

"Veronica you're not useless at all. Never forget that," Scott says pulling me in for a hug just like Stiles did.

But our little twin bonding time gets cut short when we hear the alpha howl and he looks even angrier than before. I didn't even know that was possible. Our senses kick in and we all take off through the halls trying to find someplace to hide.

We run into some random classroom and Scott immediately starts putting a desk against the door trying to block the alpha from getting in but Stiles and I quickly remind him that that's not going to keep him out.

"It's your boss" Stiles simply says after sighing.

"What?" My clueless brother asks.

"Deaton, the alpha? Your boss. A murdering psycho werewolf," he tries to explain.

"No that can't be." He says in disbelief.

"Oh come on. He disappears and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek 20 feet in the air? That's not convenient timing?"