Ch. 5 // "feelings suck"

*Disclaimer: I don't own Teen Wolf or it's story line. I only own Veronica and her story line. All rights go to Jeff Davis and MTV

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever. It is the best sports movie ever," Jackson says trying to explain to Lydia and I why we should choose his movie instead of the one we originally planned.

"No," Lydia simply says re-applying her lipstick while in the front seat of Jackson's Porsche.

Currently we're outside of this old video store trying to figure out what movie to watch. Lydia and I originally planned to watch the notebook, by ourselves, but then Jackson came over and decided to join us....unfortunately.

"It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper," he still tries to plead his case.

"Still no," I say.

"Veronica, Lydia I swear to god you're going to like it!"

"Hmmm let me think, no." My best friend smirks at her boyfriend. I laugh at his dismay  before Jackson finally groans and gets out of the car on the way into the video store.

"What are you laughing at? I need you to go inside with him." She turns to me.

"What, why?" I ask astonished.

"Because I need you to make sure that he's going to be true to his word and actually pick out the movie," and just like Jackson I groan before getting out of the car.

"Hello? Is anybody working here? You've got to be kidding me" I hear Jackson's voice yelling from the other side of the store.

"Jackson what is wr" my sentence gets cut off by a gasp emitting from my mouth. As I stand next to Jackson I see one of the workers face down on the floor with a puddle of blood surrounding his head. It's clear that his throat is slashed open causing me to step back out of fear. Jackson does the same but he knocks over a ladder that was holding up the light fixture which causes the light to start flickering. This is exactly like a scary movie that I do not want to be apart of.

In the midst of all of this we both hear something coming from behind us so we hesitantly turn around to see red eyes glowing at us, the alpha. Jackson pulls me between a rows of shelves but the alpha knocks them over causing Jackson to get stuck underneath them. With me having the strength of a two year old there is no way I am able to lift the shelves off of him so I have no choice but to hide.

Sorry Jackson...

I sneak off behind more and more rows of shelves but each and every one gets pushed down by the giant beast.

It's not until I get stuck in a corner that I realize this could be my last day on earth. I turn around to face him and he stares into my eyes as I stare right back into his. I'm terrified and he knows it but I try not to show it as much. He reaches out one of his large palms towards my face and the claw on his middle finger extends towards my throat. I gulp but don't say a word. He traces my face with his claws and just as I think it's over he whispers a word so soft that I barely hear it,

"Veronica..."

He knows my name.

Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes and that's when he suddenly jumps out the window in the front of the store where Lydia is still sitting in Jackson's Porsche.

Oh god I wonder if she saw that....of course she saw it how could she miss it.

I don't know how long I am standing up against the wall before I hear police sirens. It's like my feet are glued to the ground. What I just saw was the craziest thing I probably will ever see in my life.