fourteen

"Do you need some help with the dishes?" Sam asked as he carried out his plate and glass to the kitchen, sitting it on the counter with the other dirty plates. I shook my head with a smile and he turned and walked back to the dinning room, probably helping the girls clean up or something. Sam overall was a really nice guy, and it was nice to know I had a nice neighbor who if anything horrible happned he could help me out or I could count on him.

I turned my head hearing my phone vibrate like crazy against the counter. It was Justin, I whiped my soapy hands off on my jeans and grabbed my phone and ran into the livngroom and down the hall to my bedroom, shutting the door and answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe,"

"What do you want? I asked, giving my voice a little annoyance in it so he knew I was mad at him. I sat down on the end of the bed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Im sorry I didnt make it to that stupid ultrasound thing."

"Stupid huh?"

"Well, no, but you know what I mean." He let out a laugh and I felt like that wasnt aimed torwards me but to one of his stupid friends, or maybe he just wanted to come off like an ass right now.

"If you thought it was stupid, you shouldnt of said you would go with me Justin."

"I just said it wasnt stupid! ok, Im sorry. I was busy."

"Doing what exactly? I called Scooter and he said you left with your little friends and never even mentioned the appointment."

"Scooter didnt tell me you called."

"Thats nice." I sighed.

"I really am sorry babe, okay. It wont happen again, the next time I will be there, beside you."

"Dont make me promises you cant keep Justin, havent you learned that by now?"

"Why are you being like this?"

"Like what?"

"Mean?"

"Because, this is the second time you promised you'd show up when we needed you, or you swore you would and you didnt. I get it, you're driving all around the damn country but if you knew you didnt want to go or wouldnt be able to, you need to tell me Justin. Not let me call you a million times, worrying, and wondering if you're ever coming."

"Alright alright, I will next time."

"So where were you?"

"With the guys, we uh.... we went to this thing. It's nothing babe."

I could tell he was lying, or atleast not telling me the full truth. But if he wasnt going to tell me himself straight up, I knew he wasnt going to tell me at all. I took a deep breath in and didnt pester him about it anymore.

"So did you get to see the baby?"

"Yeah, it looks like a bean."

He laughed, "Hopefully he wont look like that forever."

"He huh?" I let myself smile, "Jaycee thinks its a girl, shes really set on that. If its not shes going to have a big adjustment to make."

"She will be okay, shes good at adjusting to things. Just like her mom."

"Thats not always a good thing.."

"Do we get to find out what the sex is next time?"

"Maybe, hopefully." I bit my bottom lip, "I was thinking about taking the stuff out of the guest room and painting it and stuff."