ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Yoongi stumbled back in shock- The door handle was broken.

But who would've wanted to come into his home on such short notice? Last he checked, there was barely anything of worth in his home, and their landowners had given all rights to the home to the Mins.

Something wasn't right, and Yoongi had to find out what. He ruffled his dark hair and steadied himself as he walked through the hallways towards the kitchen.

Everything seemed untouched. The flowers on the windowsill were wilted, though, and there were plates of moulding food on the table.

He opened the pantry to find stale bread and melted butter to the point it was a foul-smelling liquid; he stepped away from the monstrosity and coughed at the odour.

In the living room, the TV was unplugged, the cord causing Yoongi to trip over it and nearly slam his head on the coffee table. Luckily he reacted and pushed himself away from the collision.

The table shook as he held onto it for support to lift himself off the ground, along with the old tea in a porcelain cup his father would always drink it in from his ancient memories.

"Why..." Yoongi spoke to himself as he retreated from downstairs and approached the upper level, each step leading him higher to the isolated part of the house.

For one thing, his room was upstairs. His biggest concern was the broken window and the shattered glass lying around everywhere- He hoped his stuff was still intact.

First thing Yoongi saw when he reached the top of the stairs was a broken vase, wilted flowers lying around everywhere as well as the painted pieces of clay.

The male avoided this, along with the bathroom right beside it.

He approached his parent's bedroom down the hallway opposite the bathroom, which was across from the staircase entry. He walked to the left to see the door faintly open, along with his own bedroom door which was at the end of the hallway.

He walked into the room of his parents, his mother's strong perfume smell wafting in the air, "Ugh..." The smell caused him to cough from how strong it was.

The sight before him shocked him, though. His mother's jewellery was strewn all across the room, beads scattered and cracked. The supposed perfume bottles were broken and the liquid was soaked into the carpet. Lastly, his parent's bed was carved in from the mattress, fluff lying everywhere.

Yoongi turned back into the hallway and slammed the door shut. He didn't want to see any more of the destroyed room. Whoever had raided his home had well and truly left a bad omen.

He didn't bother looking into the other rooms but directly darted to his own room at the end of the hallway. All he had to do was push open the door a little and he had a full view of the disaster before him.

Yoongi gawked at the papers flying out of the shattered window as he saw from earlier, his bed sheets pulled apart and strewn across the floor. His closet was wide open with his clothes barely touched, but every storage box beneath the hanging garments was opened and emptied.

What did he do to deserve this crap? The black haired male would've guessed that this was his parents doing, but then again, their own rooms were destroyed and the suspects were nowhere to be seen.

Whoever had destroyed Yoongi's home, though, was definitely looking for something, and Yoongi intended on finding that something before they did.

Whoever 'they' were, anyway.

He tugged on the zipper of his jacket as he stormed down the staircase of his withering house and raced out the door

He tugged on the zipper of his jacket as he stormed down the staircase of his withering house and raced out the door. Once he managed to fasten his jacket closed, he began running at full speed.

The adrenaline that was surging through Yoongi's body was unexplainable yet enjoyable. He certainly felt all the power in the world and was focused on reaching Jimin before the sunset.

Without knowing, Yoongi had spent almost half of his day looking through the house and totally was oblivious to the darkening sky above him. Even though Summer was on them, it was closing in on Winter and soon the days would become shorter.

A shiver surged through Yoongi's body, and he moved his aching legs faster down the desolate streets.

Foot after foot, he was sure he would reach Jimin before the clock hit 7:00 PM, and he believed that intently before he felt the surface of another figure collide with his own.

Yoongi fell to the floor from the impact and immediately tried to stand up and see who the suspect was. He was in such a state of shock at who the person was.

Who would've thought that the person before him would someday be walking around shivering in a blanket, his eyes swallowed in the darkness around them and the hesitation that lingered in his now obsidian orbs.

"Y-Yoongi?!" The male attempted to exclaim, but the cry of joy only spurred out as a whimper, and he bends over to clutch his stomach in pain.

He didn't even think twice- Yoongi trapped the now smaller figure in his arms in a tight embrace as he began mumbling empty words to the other, "H-how..."

"I wouldn't have thought to s-" The poorly male's words were cut off by Yoongi placing a finger to his lips in an attempt to shut him up, "Yoongi?"

Yoongi only reaches his other hand out to ruffle his dulling orange hair, "Hoseok?"

The both of them try to crack a smile, but the joy only turns into tears streaming down both their faces in utter and pure joy. This was the moment that either one of them released their remorse, regret, guilt and gratitude to one another as Hoseok shook hysterically in Yoongi's embrace.

"Shh..." Yoongi ushered to the crying male in his arms. He stroked Hoseok's back and threaded his fingers through the orange locks in a friendly gesture in an attempt to soothe the others cries.

While Hoseok was crying, Yoongi's own eyes were pouring like taps. How could it be that so much could happen in such a short amount of time?

The trees were dancing in the song of the wind and the clouds closing in to begin their own tears. Yoongi's nose ached every time he inhaled the sharp and crisp air through his runny nose, and his eyes stung from the strength of the wind.

Eventually, the both of them realise the position they were in- Cradling each other in the middle of the wide road with the sheer possibility of getting hit by a car.

Did either of them care?

Hoseok smiles painfully up at Yoongi as he feels the strong pains all over his body and holds onto Yoongi's arm. When he stood up tall, he surpassed his older's height by a ton; but in his crouched position, he was really an ant compared to Yoongi.

Neither of them minded, though, and the best of friends continued their journey down the pathway towards the lavender fields and Jimin's house.

The sun was setting, and the time read 6:48 PM.