ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

The smell of cherry blossoms and lavender overflowed Yoongi's senses as he stepped through the front door of Jimin's house. A small smile lifted to his usual tired expression as his soulmate gestures for him to follow.

The walls were a pale shade of white, giving it an antique feel. There were pots decorating the corners of the small house with flowers of a common shade of pink and yellow, and in the living room, there was a huge wall window exhibiting the backyard.

The backyard was the field of lavenders.

Jimin abruptly approaches the wall window and begins to close the curtain. Yoongi walks over to where his soulmate stood and placed a hand on the other's shoulder, "Your place is stunning..."

It seemed like time had stopped, Jimin gulped and tried to look anywhere but at Yoongi and bustled to fully shut the view of the lavender fields. There was something Yoongi didn't know, and he felt it.

Yoongi was also beginning to wonder who that ash brown-haired male that they passed was. He would be important if he made Jimin uncomfortable like he was when they crossed paths.

"Hey, leave it open..." Yoongi reaches his arm to stop Jimin from shutting away the gorgeous view, only to have the younger male recoil and shut it faster.

"N-no, it's better to have it shut." Jimin quickly fumbles with his words and avoids any eye contact with his dark-haired soulmate.

Yoongi decides to break the awkwardness with a boiling question, "Do you know that boy?"

The pink haired boy turns around to look at Yoongi with quizzical eyes, "Which boy?" He asks, smiling a bit, but itching the back of his neck, clearly nervous.

"The one with brown hair in the fields today."

Jimin froze on the spot. His eyes widened and as his gaze landed anywhere but Yoongi as the older looked at him with somewhat worry.

When he noticed the anticipant look on Yoongi's face, Jimin turns around to embrace and snuggle his face into Yoongi's chest, taking in the scent.

Taken aback, Yoongi returns the sudden gesture, but feels puzzled and quizzical, "Jimin-"

"We should sit down," said person cuts off, a wild blush appearing on his face.

His small hand slides down to grab Yoongi's own rough and calloused ones, compared to Jimin's gentle and soft ones. Their hands seemed to mould together perfectly, though, and Yoongi let himself be dragged over to the large, 'L' shaped couch in the living room.

Jimin pulls his soulmate down with him, and they lay back, sitting on the couch comfortably but awkwardly.

"Jimin, why can't we open the curtains? It's so dark," Yoongi asks and receives only a hum in reply, "and who was that-"

Jimin places a finger over Yoongi's lips, smiling at him subtly before cradling himself on Yoongi's chest as it heaved up and down with every nervous breath Yoongi took.

The older male decided to brush off the thought of the mystery man in the fields, and let the darkness envelop the two. They stayed like that for a short while, listening to nothing in particular as no words were shared. 

It came to the point where Yoongi could hear the faint sounds of snoring. He looks beside him to see that Jimin had fallen asleep in his arms.

Without wanting to disturb him, Yoongi gently removes Jimin's head from his chest and rests him on the couch, and quietly tip-toes out of the lounge room to explore the unknown.