𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙖 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙤 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙞𝙩𝙩 𝙛𝙩. 𝙛𝙡𝙚𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙚
❛ 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘮𝘰 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦! ❜

Rose was relaxing in the recently built guild hall, her bright eyes following the movement of the straw in her drink. Cylene had dozed off not long ago, curled up on top of a padded bar stool. The seat Rose was in was just high enough for her to be able to swing her legs without hitting the ground, leading to a childish infatuation with the movement.

Just as the last of the delectable smoothie was emptied from her glass, the wooden doors to the guild creaked open. The movement itself, however, was rather sudden – and the long, drawn-out silence which followed its opening only served to draw more attention. Rose watched cautiously from the corner of her eye as a silhouette entered the building with little more than the whisper of his cloak to announce his arrival.

For a moment, she didn't recognise the person clad in the fur-lined cloak.

But then she recognised a presence which was all too familiar to her. It had been a while since she last saw this particular person, so it was a bit difficult to discern who they were immediately.

When her mind finally registered who it was, Rose froze. Her hand accidentally brushed against the empty glass, which would have rolled off of the benchtop had it not been for Mira.

"Rose?" Mira asked, her sapphire gaze focused on the phoenix slayer. She had never known the phoenix slayer to react to someone else's presence so strangely. "Do you know him?"

Rose hopped down from her stool as the hooded male came to a stop in front of her. Mira peered into the shadows cast by his hood, hoping to identify his face. She could only make out his chin and lips.

Finally, as if sensing the curiosity of everyone in the hall, the male brushed his hood back. A shock of crimson locks drew the attention of Team Natsu, who watched the male with undisguised interest. A lopsided grin lit his features up when his eyes met Rose's.

"Hi," Rose said finally. In the background, Natsu was guffawing at their obvious height difference. Rose could just barely make it to Adell's shoulders.

"What's up, shortie?" His voice had a mellow tone to it.

Rose's eye twitched, but she managed to stay calm. Natsu and Gray were in tears on the floor. "I'm not short, you're just tall."

"That's definitely why." The man smirked down at her smugly.

Surprisingly, the two seemed to get along pretty well. Besides, well, the banter.

"Adell, I swear, I will use this here straw–" Rose held up a straw she had snatched from the bar. "To stab you in the eye."

"Okay, okay!" Adell held his hands up in surrender, laughing when she slowly lowered her straw. She still kept nearby, prepared to use the weapon of mass destruction whenever it was needed.

"Besides that, why the hell are you here? Are you going to join the guild?" Rose crossed her arms and rocked back on her feet, fixating him with her crimson gaze.

"Aw, you like it when I'm around," The brown-eyed male cooed at her as if she was a harmless pigeon and patted her head, "So I wanted to pay you a little visit!"

Rose arched an eyebrow at him suspiciously, garnet-red eyes scanning his expression for any changes. "Suuuure."

They stood in silence for a moment, taking in each other's appearances after a few years of separation.