𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐛 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙮 𝙢𝙚𝙜 & 𝙙𝙞𝙖
❛ ... ❜

Rose sighed, commanding the flame in her hand to burn brighter in response to the darkening atmosphere around her. It didn't really make a difference, considering she could see in the dark, but it was comforting to have a flame close by.

"This aura has to be coming from somewhere..." The girl scowled, pausing her trek through the cavern to sniff the air for any scents which were out of place. Finding nothing, she continued on her path.

Earlier, after leaving the twin dragon slayers at the infirmary, she had parted from the others and returned to the empty arena without the knowledge of any of her Fairy Tail teammates, since they would no doubt try to tag along.

Of course, it had been because the vibe given off by this place was strange- chilling, not the kind of place Rose wanted to send her friends into; at least, not without knowing what the cause was.

Rose had originally found traces of the unfamiliar presence when Natsu and she had fallen in through the floor of the arena, but she had pushed the worry to the back of her mind so she could deal with the attacks made by Sting.

She came across an imposing boulder many times her size, and managed to clamber onto it. 'Perhaps I'll have a better viewpoint from up there,' the dark-haired girl concluded.

She surveyed the area below her, noticing the presence was especially strong up ahead. There were strangely shaped stones below her, some sharp and some curved.

'No....' Rose realised. 'These are bones.'

They were massive- if she had to compare their size to something, one of these skeletons would be enough to fill the stadium above with just a little room to spare.

Rose noted the size and shape of the skulls, strangely reptilian in structure. 'Wait...' she paused, hoping what she was thinking wasn't true. 'These are the remains of dragons... a graveyard?'

"I have to tell the others," Rose realised. "The dragon slayers would want to know..."

She immediately commanded the flame in her hand to vanish, instead invoking a spell.

"Flame Phoenix's Messenger Bird."

The change came immediately, transforming her structure into a more lightweight form. She zipped through the catacombs, following the route she had used back to the surface and into the night sky.

Above her, the massive moon loomed, and the night sky was filled with bright stars. Rose focused her sharp gaze on the busy streets below, searching for the bar which Natsu had said the guild would be celebrating at.

Almost immediately, she caught the sound of Natsu and Gray brawling.

'I bet they're fighting for a stupid reason,' she thought. Reminding herself to grab a cup of cocoa as a reward later, Rose landed silently on the roof of the bar.

Deciding against terrifying anyone who was in the bar with the sudden appearance of a phoenix, she settled for transforming on the roof and then hopping into an alleyway beside the bar, terrifying a pair of cats.

Rose peered around the edge of the wall to make sure no-one was looking before walking up to the door of the bar and slamming it open, interrupting Erza just as she was about to murder Natsu and Gray.

"Rose?" chorused Happy, Carla and Pantherlily.

"Where have you been? You missed out on the cake," Happy asked.