𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

Start from the beginning

"You have no choice in the matter. It is your fate, it is your destiny to live on and rule!"

Rogue clutched at his head, stumbling away from the dragon, his eyes screwed shut.

"It's not true!" he denied, collapsing to his knees. "It can't be true! You're lying!"

His mind was in turmoil, a flurry of worries and fears. His breathing sped up and he began hyperventilating, clutching his head – desperately searching for a way to deny their claims.

Why was this happening?

"Flame Phoenix's Screech!"

Rogue's head snapped up in surprise.

A certain dark-haired flame phoenix slayer leapt off a nearby roof, after having bombarded the dragon with a burst of red-hot flames. She took up a defensive stance in front of the shadow dragon slayer, who was surprised by her sudden entrance.

"Hey, you! Dragon! Leave the penguin alone!" Rose commanded, arms alight with flames.

"What are you doing here?" Rogue demanded.

"Isn't it obvious, penguin?" the phoenix slayer retorted, glancing back at him. "I'm helping you! I don't know what it is that's going on in that head of yours but if you die you're gonna leave Frosch all alone!"

'Frosch?'

"Ah, a little bird, eh?" the dragon mused. "What could one of your kind be doing here?"

"Are you stupid?" Rose hissed.

Both Rogue and the dragon reeled back, surprised by her blunt answer.

"I'm here to burn you to a crisp, you overgrown lizard!"

Rogue wasn't sure if she was human, considering the fact she had just called a creature with the power to destroy an entire country overnight, stupid.

"Nonsense! Don't be so arrogant, little bird!" the dragon hissed, enraged by her comment.

"Come at me!" she replied, adding to Rogue in a lower tone. "Don't you dare ever quote me on that or I'll burn you... climb up the building. I'll distract."

Still shaken, Rogue got to his feet. "What about you?" he whispered in a low voice.

"I'll be fine. Are you forgetting that I beat you, without using Phoenix Force?" Rose hissed back, adding the second part in with an arrogant tone and a smirk.

Deciding that arguing with her would be pointless, considering her stubbornness, Rogue clambered up the side of the building while Rose began to throw insults at the dragon, reinforcing her words with random balls of fire thrown at the dragon's face.

"I bet you still wet your nest, you scaly pile of-" Rogue decided to tune the phoenix slayer's jabs out, determining that whatever she was going to insult the dragon with would scar his mind.

'I swear she isn't normal.' He thought, perching himself at the top of the building behind a small rainwater tank filled with water. 'Insane, maybe?'

The phoenix slayer had tricked the dragon into turning around to face her with a few nimble movements, so now the creature's back was facing him.

"Shadow Dragon's Crushing Fang!"

Rogue leapt forward with a fist charged with magic power, dealing a massive hit to the back of the dragon's neck. Before it had time to react he used it's back as a foothold and leapt over it, landing a few metres away from Rose.

"Do you have any plan on how to deal with this guy?" he yelled.

"I was meant to come up with a plan?!"