chapter 36 Lucy

i came to a stop, it seemed both the horse and i were tired. My mind literally sent everywhere.

oh! its rose's birthday today!

"indeed" a familiar voice spoke, and i turned around to see Rose and another girl stood at the top of the mound of dirt.

" rose!" i ran and hugged her.

"yes yes, i'm 15!i'm gettint old!" rose whispered and then she turned to the oher girl, whose hair was a vibrant maroon, and deep brown eyes.

"sorry, this is Tiger, she helped me escape from Miraz!" Rose pointed to the girl, as she smiled warmly.

" Nice to meet you" She said, with a sort of twang in her voice.

A sudden gallop was heard, and we all gave each other worrying glances.

" Oh no! They've found us!" I yelped, and before we could either think about climbing onto Destrier, they were already circling us.

" Well, Well, if it isn't Princess Roselyn-" One of the soldiers said.

" FOR GODS SAKE- CAN ANYBODY GET MY NAME RIGHT? ITS ROSE!" She shouted, as she lunged at the soldier, causing the horse and him to tumble. Tiger pushed me behind her, as the others formed a line to charge at us.

" Rose!" I screamed as a horse quickly jumped over her.

" RUN!" Tiger yelled, as me and her ran to Destrier as Rose distracted the men.

" Come on!" i yelled to Rose, as i clung tightly to Tigers back.

" Go!" Rose screamed as she nearly got knocked over again, by a Lion. ASLAN.

He had charged through the trees, and the horse we were on, neighed in fright, and me and Tiger plopped off, thank goodness we weren't hurt.

His roar filled the forest, as the yells and cries of fright from the soldiers followed after.

And then....i thought he was going to charge at...us...but he jumped widely over us and into a soldier, the horse running away, trampling over rose.

" No!" I screamed, but Tiger pulled me back.

The other ran off, and this gave me my signal to attend to Rose.

" Rose...your okay...you're always okay!" I whispered, checking her cuts and bruises, probably from the past days.

" At least i reached 15!" She mumbled in pain.

I lifted the latch of the cover for my cordial and dropped no more than two drops of the healing liquid.

It was silent, the woods, for just a tad second, until she reopened her eyes, and smiled.

" But i can wait longer!" She said quietly.