15

Lucy

With Edmund steering and Peter pushing us along with the oars, we were gently gliding across the clear, crystal water below us.

As I looked around, I noticed the trees were too still, even though a gentle breeze was blowing through my hair.

" They're so still..."I whispered.

" they're trees...what do you expect..." Rose said, not mean or anything, but she was trying to stick to reality, I could see. She obviously didn't know much about the Narnians and how it used to be like..

" They used to dance" I explained, and she seemed it quite hard to imagine trees dancing...

I liked Rose, I didn't think she was this arrogant girl Peter thought her to be.. She just had her own opinions. Girls have a right to be independent...

" Wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded, those who survived retreated to the woods...and the trees, they retreated so deep into themselves that they haven't been heard from since" Trumpkin answered, till looking forward, - as he was at the front of the boat.

" I don't understand...how could Aslan have let this happen..." I questioned, not expecting a reply, as my eyes wandered back out into the bewilderedness.

" Aslan?, oh he abandoned us when you guys did..." Trumpkin retorted back, now I feel bad, I was the one who lead us back to our home in England,

" We didn't mean to leave you know...." Peter said, the oars he was pushing slowed down a bit, at his bitter disappointment.

" Makes no difference now does it?" Trumpkin, for once, turned his head towards me, reliving memories in his eyes.

" Take us to the Narnians, and it will..." Peter seemed to be doing all the talking now...The silence had overridden us.

We came to the end of the river, and into this sort of lake, in which we stopped.

I was the first to get out of the boat, Peter next, then Susan, Ed, Trumpkin Then, last, Rose, she had remained quieter than anyone else, a few snuffles on the boat made me think something was wrong.