Chapter 34 Caspian

" Destrier, has always served me well....you are in good hands!" I exclaimed, as i finished strapping Susan's foot into the pedal.

"Or hooves!" Lucy exclaimed jokily, as i chuckled.

" Good Luck" I looked up at Susan, i knew she had been avoiding me.

" Thanks" She said ignorantly.

" Look, maybe it's time you had it back.." I said guiltily, holding up the once used horn, i swore never to touch again.

" Why don't you hold onto it, might need to call me again" Susan said smirking, and i hesitantly put it back in my belt.

As they galloped off, i heard Lucy asking why she had said that, and it made me laugh at Susan's response.

" Oh shut up!" And then the clunks of the hooves had vanished completely out of my hearing range.

I decided to follow them, just incase, they had everything sorted here anyway...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As i followed, the distant cheers from the battle were heard, and they were slightly muffled as i clashed through the trees. I could see the hunters ahead...

"They've seen us!" A distant cry was heard from Lucy, as they looked up, to see the hunters beside them upon the hill.

As I saw, Susan had stopped Destrier and slid off my horse's saddle.

" Take the reigns!" Susan shouted, even though Lucy was right next to her.

" What are you doing?" Lucy yelled.

"I'm sorry lucy, but it looks like you'll be going alone after all" Susan calmed down, and i only heard this, because i was watching behind some trees. I wanted to see if Susan needed help and if she didn't i'd just stay here and wait to take her back.

And by then, Susan had encouraged Destrier to ride on, and now the hunters were closing in ever closer to her, and Susan had her bow and arrows ready.

It felt like slow motion really, as the soldiers charged over the hill, some with swords and some with archery weapons.

My eyes flickered back into reality as Susan shot the first arrow which had caused both the horse and soldier to fall.

She managed to defeat the first 4 soldiers, but the 5th was too close and she had to quickly duck from his sword, yet to be knocked over by another horse.

I galloped around the bush, just in time before the soldier hit Susan. I clashed words with him, and slit his chest, and i trotted over to her, helping her up onto the horse.

" Are you sure you don't need that horn?" I exclaimed cheesily as she smiled gratefully, obviously chuffed at not being able to win by herself.

I headed back to the battle, hoping nothing bad had happened whilst I was away.