I want to avoid any conversation actually. I don't want talk to him yet. What's the use? He won't even listen to his daughter.

My eyes caught the car approaching. It stopped in front of me and I went inside, not waiting for the driver to open the door for me. I saw him scratch the back of his neck before asking where we'll go. I told him the usual coffee shop I used to go to with Daniel. But now I'm going there with Jihoon. I suggested the place since I missed it.

I saw him glance at me with hesitation through the rearview mirror after hearing the name of the place. I can tell that he's thinking of something. Did dad tell them they have to watch all my movements while he's gone? Or that they have to report him all the things I will l do and all the people I'll be meeting with? It's dad anyway, what do I expect? He doesn't trust me now, I'm sure he wants to keep an eye on me.

The driver still kept glancing over me. It was annoying the whole ride so I was glad we arrived at last. I went outside and he followed. Is he gonna be an observant now? I rolled my eyes then scanned the place outside. Jihoon was walking towards me when I saw him. He smiled and I returned it.

I looked at the driver slash observant who seemed to relax a bit when he saw Jihoon. I'm out of words, they really want to know who I'll be meeting with even though I already told them earlier. I told the driver I'll just call him later to pick me up. He glanced at Jihoon again before nodding. I watch as he slid in the car and drove off.

"Wow, you seem guarded today." Jihoon teased while giving a glance to the car that just left. I glared at him. "Shut up." I said before walking towards the café. He chuckled before following me. Jihoon went straight to the receptionist while I look around. There were few familiar faces I've seen in the past.

Jihoon was back before I realised it. We went upstairs which was more comfortable for me. Someone called me when we were about to sit down. It was Mr. Min, as I remembered. One of dad's colleagues and business partners. I greeted him immediately when he walked towards me. He did the same and I introduced him to Jihoon.

He eyed my friend before nodding lightly. After that he stated back at me. "How was your father's business trip?" He asked. "Oh, he's still not home, sir but I guess his business trip is doing well." He nodded again and told me I should do well on my studies which came randomly. He then left me after glancing at Jihoon for a moment.

I don't even know why he approached me. "I'm hungry." I said before leaning on my seat. Jihoon pouted before speaking. "So am I." He leaned on the table and rested his chin on his hands. "You're always hungry." I mocked before smirking at him. It was his turn to give me a glare, I just laughed.

Our heads turned towards the waiter that served our orders. His eyes literally sparked when he saw the food. I'd be looking like that too only if I didn't saw his reaction first. We muttered our thanks before digging in to our food.

"Mind to tell me your problem now?" He asked in the middle of our lunch. I pouted, I'm not quite sure if I should tell him or not. "It's just the usual thing with dad but worse, no actually it was the worst." I said before lowering my head.

"Is it the thing with Daniel?" Now that he mentioned it, I remembered he was there. It quite slipped my mind since I was too preoccupied by Dad and Daniel since that night. I just heaved off a sigh and I'm sure he already know the answer.

"I don't know what I should do. Everything's just so complicated and painful for me." I said before looking outside the window. "I want to be happy with him but I don't want to hurt my dad and disappoint him more. Whatever I choose, I will still disappoint and hurt someone." I swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

"It's just so hard for me and I wish my father could've understand me too. I wish he thinks about me too, my feelings and not just what he wants."

"I'll be honest with you, Saeron. I don't really approve of Daniel too," I stared at him abruptly when he said that. It hurts too when it came from him.

"But I'll be happy for you if you choose to be with him in the end." He gave me a sad smile, I don't know why that hurts me too. "Jihoon," The corner of my eyes started to heat up. I don't even know why I'm being emotional again. I should be happy that he supports me even though he doesn't really like Daniel. But the way he looks at me gives off a sad feeling.

"T-Thank you for being such a good friend. Thank you for supporting me." I uttered the words in gratitude. "It's my obligation to support you.. as a friend." He smiled again but it doesn't even reach his eyes. "Just make sure to choose the right decision, one that will make you happy." He said before giving me a more sincere smile. I smiled too.

"He makes me happy, Jihoon." My heart fluttered at the thought of one guy. Jihoon nodded. "I know he does." He averted his gaze and I saw how he gulped. My smile fell off seeing his expression but I tried to shrug off the thought that almost came in my mind.

Jihoon is a good friend and I hope I'm not doing anything to hurt him too or I will hate myself more. I just hope I'm mistaken about this sudden thought.

__________

「 author's note 」

I'm alive! Here's an update!! What do you think? Please vote and comment. I'll be back again soon with the next updates! Thank you for reading!

-tey

__________