Part 3- Corina's POV

I barely got a wink of sleep the night before school started. I was so nervous to see everyone and be able to show off my new arm swag, Rhiley. I was so happy with him. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I couldn’t stand any second away from him. I trusted him with all of my heart and would risk my life for him. I wanted to show off the fact that he was all mine, always was, and always would be. I thought he was the best guy in the world. He was my prince charming, mon charmant prince. Mon chou.

            I had my outfit picked out like a week in advance. I got my nails done and of course I didn’t need to worry about my hair because well, I didn’t have any. I had maybe a little peach fuzz but compared to the long locks I had before my first time going through chemo, it was absolutely nothing. Chemotherapy was so extremely hard. It burned like fire was running through my veins. I was so tired all of the time. My whole body ached as if I had completed an Olympic level triathlon. I either couldn’t go to the bathroom or I couldn’t make it there in time. I was so down about my situation but Rhiley really helped me through it. He didn’t complain once about how terrible of a person I was to be around, even though he was my boyfriend. I loved saying that. Rhiley was my boyfriend. It makes me so happy to think about how we are finally together. Nothing could tear us apart. Or so I thought…         

            I expected people to stare at me, but I definitely did not expect that many people to stare and whisper about me behind our backs. I got out of the passenger side of Rhiley’s old mustang and Rhiley shut my door for me. I was standing at the front of his car, looking around, taking it all in. People looking for a parking spot slowed down to have a good look at me as they drove past our lane. Rhiley handed me my bag, he took my books and my hand, and led me to the main doors. I think he noticed how paranoid I was getting from all the stares and such so as soon as we were out of the road, he stopped us and looked at me, assuring me, “They are just glad to see us together finally. I think some of them lost hope and are just surprised. Don’t worry baby.”

            I wasn’t so sure that what he said was true but I tried to accept it. It just seemed to me like they were staring at us like they knew something I didn’t know. I just didn’t get it. We stopped at our lockers and Rhiley left me there so he could go get our schedules. I put some of my brand new binders and my jacket in there and when I turned around, the queen of gossip, Naomi Daniels, was standing right behind me.

            “Oh, you scared me Naomi. How was your summer? What’s up?” I asked.

            “It was great. Hey, listen, me and some other girls noticed you walked in holding hands with Rhiley. So y’all are together now?” Naomi was always in everyone’s business so I wasn’t surprised that she was the first one to ask me about it.

            “Yeah, yeah we are. I’m happy.” I said smiling.

            “So you’ve forgiven him already?” I was lost. What in the world was she talking about? 

            “Wait, Naomi, what are you talking about? Forgiven him for what?”

            She looked at me like I was crazy. “For sleeping with McKenna silly. What else?”

            My heart dropped to my feet. “He, he did what??”

            “Oh you didn’t know, oops,” she said, “I thought you would have known by now. Sorry…”

            I couldn’t believe her. I just wanted to die. I thought he loved me. I thought he was true to me. I thought we told each other everything. I guess I was wrong about a lot of things. I didn’t know what to do so I dropped everything and ran. As soon as I got out the doors, I called my mom.