Dinner with the sociopath

I walked inside, then I had put the groceries on the counter. I grabbed the groceries that needed to be refrigerated and put it in the refrigerated. I can deal with the other stuff after, after I change into something more dressier. I walked up the stairs and ran to my room. I searched in the drawers to find a black t-shirt crop top, red plaid shirt, light blue denim shorts, and black converse. I put on some black mascara and eyeliner. As I was going to put on the knecklace that Kai gave me, I heard a knock at the door. I set down the knecklace on my night stand and ran downstairs. I knew it couldn't be , Luke, Liv, Jeremy, Tyler or Matt. I walked to the kitchen to grab the nearest knife in my wooden knife holder, then I walked in the hallways to the front door. I held the knife up, then slowly opened the door to see a smiling Kai. Then his smile on his face faded when I had the knife in my hand.

"Woah easy there tiger, I am not here to kill you. I just here for the free meal." He was waving his hands in the air trying to deffend himself.

"Sorry, I thought you were another person." I faced palm myself in the head and opened the door wide so he could come in.

"Wow nice place you got here." He started to pick up some stuff and carelessly set them down.

"Ugh, make your self at home I guess." I was frustrated that I needed to fix my things in an orderly fashion.

He turned around then tilted his head while saying this; "Awe Elizabeth, I am your guest, remember?" Then he turned back around and went towards the kitchen.

I can't believe I even let him in my house. I should've just kept those questions to myself and then he wouldn't have an advantage on me in my house. All I could know is that his mood could change and he could kill me. I kept walking behind him and just kept quiet.

He grabbed the paper bag from the counter and searched through it and his eyes widened when he saw something their. "You shouldn't have," he grabbed the pork rind package and teared it up. Then he popped in some pork rinds in his mouth.

"Well your my guest, so I just got them for you." I looked at him in disgust, I can't believe you can eat them.

He then set the bag down and rolled up his sleeves, "let's get cooking, shall we?" He walked over to the fridge and grabbed several of items. I kept quiet watching him do his things. I had no clue how to cook, only I knew how to bake. He was so precise in his cutting and putting ingredients in the pot.

"Do you want me to help you with anything?" I should've kept my mouth shut, but I needed to be nice because like he said he is my guest.

"Yeah help me set up the table, princess." Everytime he says princess it reminds me of the good old days before he changed.

"Yeah sure," I softly smiled at him. I walked towards the drawer to grab silverware, as I was about to grab the silverware I bumped into a big chest. I turned my head to see that Kai was right behind me looking at me with his blue greyish eyes. I saw his jawline, his perfect eyes, wait what I am saying I can't fall for him again. He was just using me.

"Can I have the knife that's in your hand? The other knives are dull, I need a sharp one." He looked like a cute adorable little boy waiting for the ice cream truck.

I was hesitated to give it to him, but I he was cooking food. I gave him the knife so he could leave me alone. I was so uncomfortable that he was right there too close. He wasn't right behind me, I grabbed the forks and napkins, then walked to the dining table area. I set the napkin down and then the forks. I placed them across each other, so I could be far away from him. I needed some glasses, for our beverages. I grabbed the glasses and i had no clue what Kai would want to drink.

"What do you want to drink Kai?" While I had the glasses in my hands.

"No Bourban I am obscure in my masculinity, voldka is boring, rum is too tropical, tequila you do not want to see me on tequila, what about gin?" I was like already pick a drink, I was tired holdng the glass.

"Nevermind," I just grabbed a red wine bottle from my cabinet. Then I poured the wine in the glass.

"Awe I wanted some gin, but this is fine." He was carrying the 2 plates that I assumed that was pasta. He placed one right near me, then he put one plate on the other side.

I sat in my seat, but Kai was already eating. I grabbed my fork and started to eat my noodles.

"So where the heck were you for 18 years and how come your here? When I saw the newspaper you were the survivor." I was questioned about how he was smiling and then his smile faded.

"Why the hard questions first, fine I'll tell you." He took a bite of his chicken.

I was so impatient of what he was going to say after he did that but I could tell that he was hiding something behind his grin

I was so impatient of what he was going to say after he did that but I could tell that he was hiding something behind his grin. I took a bite of my chicked then he just stared at me. "Family Massacred in Portland, the only missing one was the oldest boy, a twenty-year old named Malachai. That sounds like you." I crossed my arms over my chest and was still waiting for him to respond. His grin faded and I saw darkness growing in his eyes, I knew this wasn't going to be good.

"On May 10, 1994; I gave you that knecklace. I felt guilty because I thought I wouldn't come back for you after the merge." He looked at me with guilt, but I coudn't fall for it again. "So the only way I could covince Jo to merge with me, is to kill my siblings." I gulped and it was going through my mind that he killed his siblings. "So then after that Jo was going to do the merge with me when the eclipse happened, then Jo tricked me by my father sending me to a prison world for 18 years." I was upset and angry that his own father sended him to a hell of his own alone. "I am so sorry Elizabeth, I wish I could take it back but it already happened." He looked down, then his head went up and he was laughing at me.

"I can't believe, I could easily trick you. I am pyscopath, Elizabeth. I don't feel love or guilt." He was smiling.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KILLED YOUR SIBLINGS. THEY WERE JUST KIDS." I yelled at him, I stood up from my chair and walked towards the kitchen.

"Awe Elizabeth it's like you have killed someone." He clapped his hands in excitement.

I was so mad and annoyed of him. I just wanted to leave and go to talk to Luke about my day. I walked towards Kai, "FINE, I KILLED SOMEONE. HE WAS A FRIEND AT FIRST THEN I KILLED HIM BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO TELL EVERYONE WHO I WAS." I was so mad at him, I grabbed my glass and threw it towards the wall. The glass shattered, then I just fell to the floor crying. Then I felt two arms hugging me. "I am sorry Elizabeth, I didn't mean to push you off the edge."

~To be continued~

So how do you like my character so far? Please comment;) I would love more feedback. This chapter is taken place after, when Kai meets Elena and Damon in the present world. Then the ascendant broke, Kai burned Elena's arm. Damon then came to her rescue, so while he was invisible he used a branch to hit Kai through the border. That was huge mistake. The next chapter is when she lets him stay for the night. I hope you enjoyed this chapter;)