Episode 24: Armor vs. Armor

Start from the beginning

"Hey! That mallet looks like mine!" Dedede said.

"Well, I guess that's a good thing to hear," Susie said. "Anyways, this will cost a lot less than any monsters you can order from our company."

"I'll have that!" Dedede said.

"As you wish," Susie replied, and sent it over to Dedede through the transporter. "I will accept the transaction whenever you're ready."

"Hey~" Dedede said as he held up the mask and metal mallet. "These don't look half bad!"

'Doesn't look half bad'? It's suppose to look dashing! That fat ungrateful penguin! Susie thought angrily. "Well, I'm glad you like it, your majesty," Susie still said the nice thing that she never meant.

"Heh-heh-heh! I love this!" Dedede said.

Okay, maybe I'm just being oversensitive about his lack of skills of creatively describing things, Susie thought. "I am ready to get paid whenever you're ready. Daume bayo~" and disconnected.

"Heh-heh-heh! Gotta try this on!" Dedede said as he put the mask on and held up the hammer. He went in front of the giant mirror to check himself out. "Hey~ I look dashing~ But how come I can't get no princess in my life?!"

Escargoon was looking the whole scenery. "Who can ever help the King..."

********

"Poyo, poyo, poyo, poyo~!" Kirby chanted as he hopped around the castle.

"Kirby!" Dedede called, without the mask and the metal mallet.

"Poyo?" Kirby responded.

"I challenge you to battle!" Dedede said.

"Poyo?" Kirby asked.

"Wait a second, Dedede!" Tiff interrupted as she stood in front of Kirby. "Why are you challenging him to the battle? He didn't do anything wrong!"

"He made me lose during the game!" Dedede said. "Now he's gonna face it with the new weapon I got!"

"Kirby's not gonna battle with you!" Tiff said.

Dedede ignored her anyways. "I'll see ya today sundown in the castle garden! Don't chicken out!" Dedede said and walked away.

"Poyo," Kirby responded. 

"My, he's so stubborn!" Tiff said angrily. Meta Knight was watching the whole thing.

Meta Knight called Kirby to his room. "Kirby, are you sure about this?" He asked, very concerned about Dedede's intention. "He seemed to order something dangerous."

"Poyo," Kirby replied.

"Well then, let's get your Robobot Armor ready," Meta Knight said. "No matter what, you have to win without getting injured."

"Poyo," Kirby replied. 

Meta Knight walked up to him to embrace him. "You poor thing..." He said. "Don't worry, I will be with you. I cannot attack the King myself. But I will support you for the battle."

"Poyo~" Kirby giggled by the warm embrace.

********

"Heh-heh-heh-heh!" Dedede said as he ate his lunch. "That goofball is gonna get down!"

"You sure that mask and mallet are sturdy enough to withstand Kirby's attacks?" Escargoon asked. "Kirby can almost destroy anything!"

"Susie said it's sturdy enough!" Dedede said.

"I didn't hear her saying anything like that..." Escargoon said.

"Hush up! I trust her and Haltmann!" Dedede exclaimed. "Even they don't say, I know they're strong enough!"