Chapter 42 : An Eventful Day

Magsimula sa umpisa

I gasped at what I saw. I was really shocked and mostly surprised.

" Ansh.... Don't tell me Ahana didn't tell you about this. "

" Yeah!! Are you serious? Are we going to have Twins?"

" Yup!! As you can see. I am not surprised although. Ahana didn't tell you."

" Hmmm.... No.... And I don't know why."

" Well, Ansh.... But I need to tell you this. Your wife needs a lot of care. She needs a stress free environment. Ahana surely takes a lot of stress at times and as you are aware she has fainted initially. "

" Hmmm.. I know. Please do tell me what I have to do. I will ensure to take the best care. "

" Surely you do. But the matter doesn't end here. Along with physical rest, Ahana also needs emotional peace. Studying her family background, I have found something and hence I thought to inform you first since you are her husband. Even, I haven't spoke to Ahana about it. " She said calmly and took out a bunch of files.

" On the 3rd of February she along with her friend Jaai had come for the weekly check up and I had asked them to make some tests."

" Ahemm!! Jaai always accompanied her? " I asked curiously. This time I wasn't thinking anything wrong about them coz now I was aware about Jaai's story.

" Yay!! Jaai is always there and once Mrs. Sehgal also came. I asked Ahana about you but she always says that you are a busy man. I hope I didn't bother you today. But it was important."

" Hmmm... I know. I am at fault. I am sure Jaai must be aware about the babies. He is Ahana's best friend. " I said trying to smile. I wanted to be the first one but my behaviour doesn't permit me.

" You are mistaken. Ahana was aware about the twins from the last one and half month but she told me that she hasn't told anyone about it. Actually she said that the father has the first right. Sometimes I understand that things are not okay between some couples and Ahana must be waiting for a proper time. I hope you are not hurt. And anyways Jaai is a gentleman. He used to always wait for her outside the clinic."

That he is, not a doubt about it.

" I am not hurt at all. Ahana has every right to make the decisions and it's me who always end up hurting her. Anyways you were saying something. "

" Yeah!! I always do a family background check on the patients for understanding them better. I came to know that Ahana's mother died giving her birth. "

" Hmmmm.... "

" And she was suffering from eclampsia, that is high blood pressure leading to seizures. She couldn't make it but Ahana was a very strong and healthy baby. "

" Hmmmm.... "

" And so was a similar case with you. I will have to even do your check up just to confirm that the babies don't have any hereditary problems. "

" That would be fine. I hope there's nothing more. "

" There is. I am a bit afraid that Ahana has started to show a bit of those. Her BP was higher than average and so were her stress levels and pulse rate. "