Just as I begin to relax, I hear a loud clambering coming from downstairs. Which reminds me, I'm starving! I hop out of bed, silently, trying to not wake up Emma. I'm still really worried about her. What happened last night? What did Connor do to make her run away? I push these thoughts aside as I open the bedroom door.

I notice Josh, looking half awake, making his way downstairs as well. Deciding it was best not to disturb him I follow suit. But then I have a sudden urge to pee. Great this house is huge.

Two minutes later, after wandering around the house, I finally find a bathroom.

"Thank you Jesus!" It takes all of my will not to run straight inside.

After finishing my business I finally head to the kitchen, but stop when I hear voices.

"Josh wait! Can I talk to you? I know you're pissed off and everything but just hear my side of the story?" I think it's Connor who says this.

A long pause later Josh replies.

"I'm listening."

I decide to stay out of sight. I'm not usually one to listen into other peoples conversations but maybe I'll finally find out what happened last night.

"First off, I'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday. I was just really confused."

Josh doesn't respond.

"I'm stupid for thinking that what I did was acceptable."

Josh lets out a laugh.

"Extremely stupid." he says.

"Yeah I just realized that. I should have stopped this from happening sooner. It wasn't fair to Emma, it wasn't fair to you. She liked the person she thought you were. And I should have known that things were getting too serious."

I sit out of sight straining my ears. I'm so confused. What does he mean?

"Dude you think? What ever happened between you and Emma might have been real but that doesn't erase the fact that you lied to her for two months." I hear him huff out his breath.

Wait what's going on..

"I know. And I regret everything. I'm a coward. Everything you said to me last night was right. Its just, I love her Josh. I really do. We've been through so much in the past two months. She's told me things that no one else knows about her. She opened up to me. I love her personality. I'm the biggest idiot in the world! I should have known that she would never feel the same way.

Right before she stormed off, she said that she did like me, or you, before I told her everything. Josh, just please don't hold this against me. You have every right to be furious. What kind of brother does that? And the thing I regret most is lying to you. I impersonated you, something that only a freakin desperate lunatic does. I'm sorry Josh I'm so sorry." Connor's voice trembles.

There's a moment of silence before the conversation continues.

"You really messed it up this time didn't you? I can see how much you care for Emma. And I'm sorry too, for what I said last night. I shouldn't have said what I did. Look, I forgive you, but know that I'm still really angry. Not just about the whole impersonating thing, but about you hurting Emma. I can see how much she means to you. I've never seen you act this way about a girl." Josh says.

"I really do like her. I know this is way too much to ask for but can you please, please just help me apologize to her, or even just get her to talk to me. I need to find out how she really feels before I... before I move on." Connor pleads.

Another long silence.

"...okay. But just don't get your hopes up. I'm not sure, if I was in her shoes, that I would forgive you. How should I approach her about this?" Josh asks.

"I actually have an idea. You could maybe take her to Starbucks or something. She loves Starbucks, and just get her in a warm place before working me into the conversation? I think that would be the best way. It might be a little awkward because she essentially doesn't know you as well as she thought she did."

"I mean, I guess that could work. But just remember what I said. Don't get your hopes up."

"Thank you, Josh. For forgiving me and helping me out. I owe you." Connor says sincerely.

"Yeah you do."

Woah.

Everything hits me all at once. Emma's been texting Connor and not Josh. Emma likes Connor and not Josh. This is crazy.

I slowly stand up suddenly dizzy from all of this information. I work my way to the stairs. That's when I accidentally step on a piece up bubble wrap. Why the heck is there a piece of bubble wrap on the floor?

"Mickey? How did you sleep?" Josh calls out looking at me. He seems to think that I just walked down.

"I slept well! But the most important question is did you guys make breakfast cause I'm starving?!"