Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Kenley:"No they died in a really bad car accident when I was six. So my brothers raised me with the help of my mom's side of the family. We were passed around from aunt to aunt throughout our whole lives so I never really had any best friends accept my brothers." "So your brothers are your caretakers, family, and best friends?" "Oh you forgot secret-keepers." "Okay." "Luke why is this so hard for you to take?" "I honestly don't know. It's just so... Exactly what I want." "What? Luke you don't want this. I've had a terrible childhood and life so far." "That's not what I meant. I wanted a girl that actually understood tragedy not just thought about it. Baby I want you." "I'm glad I guess but let me simplify it for you. I'm a hooters girl that doesn't have any parents, lives with two brothers, and cuts herself. Luke that's who you want?" "I want whoever you are. And whoever you're gonna be." "Luke did you even hear me? I cut myself. See?" I held out my wrists and he rubbed the scars. "You wouldn't want to see that on the red carpet would you?" He didn't say anything. "See? You don't even understand. Yes I understand its hard losing someone you love, but two people, that's terrible. And the problem is I hate sympathy. I hate it when someone cries because they feel bad for you. Luke I don't need sympathy. I need someone who is going to be there. I need support, not moping. And working at some sexist restaurant doesn't help. Are you sure you want that?" "Kenley I love you and I don't care if you have scars. They are a thing of the past. A sign to show you've gotten over something. Ya know what Kenley? I have scars too. Yeah you can't see them but they're inside. My brother was my best friend and when he died my whole heart cracked. Then I clung to my sister because she's all I had left. Kenley I understand what you went through but you don't have to blame people for trying to help you." "They don't help. They let the problem drag on and on." "Whatever." "See Luke this is what you do. You have some difficulty come into your life. You deal with it but before you analyze it you just run. Or in this case don't understand so you simply say whatever." "Yes Kenley I do have a problem. Everyone that I love disappears eventually. Like my parents, I love them so much, but lets face it, they're gonna die. You, you are gonna leave me and find someone better because you have realized how much of an idiot I've become. Carter, he is my best friend. He will be there till the day I die or I will be there until he dies. Do you understand? Everyone that comes into my life disappears. Caroline, I loved her but my love wasn't good enough so she went off and cheated on me. See? Now all I have left are my boys. They are gonna grow up and marry beautiful girls and leave me. See Kenley? I'm alone! That's why I need you. I love you Kenley! Do you understand? To tell you the truth I told myself I wouldn't date anyone until I found the right person. Kenley, that person is you." Both of us were crying. "Luke I have to go to work at noon. I will be home at seven when the next shift starts. It's already eleven so lets make use of our hour together." "Okay what do ya wanna do?" "Let's watch the Lion King." "Okay."

A/N

Ouchie! Big fight!

Do you think that things are gonna be awkward between Kenley and Luke or are they gonna talk it out?