Chapter 1 || Meet Kai

Welcome back, dear readers! This is Herobrine's Legacy; a tale of the Ender Dragon's Child, the fate of Herobrine's family, and the second generation of Wielders.

I hope you all enjoy it!!

Chapter 1 || Meet Kai

-

-

-

- Kai's POV -

-

"Oi, Dare!"

I looked up at Xavier's quiet hiss, soft enough so that it was only heard by us two.

"What?" I asked him, whispering back.

"D'ya reckon she'll give us a test tomorrow?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "You know, if you wait - " I glance up at the clock, " - 30 more seconds, you'll hear it straight from her."

He pulled his eyebrows together and said "Oh, right. Oops," before leaning back against his seat.

I cracked a grin and drew my attention back up to the teacher, who was droning on about some discovery decades ago that "changed the course of humanity!" Yes, because a newly found forest totally turns lives around. But I suppose those are history teachers for you.

A moment later the bell rang loud and clear, and at once everyone pushed themselves out of their seats and grabbed their book hurriedly.

"Remember the test on regional explorers this Friday!" The teacher yelled out after us.

Xavier cursed. "Damn it. Every single time I think I'm in the clear, she leaps on me with another thing to worry about."

I smiled. "At least Mrs. Carlisle is one of the few that doesn't care less about test scores."

"Yeah, but my 'rents do." he groaned.

I scoffed a laugh. "Well, that's just too bad."

We carried our books back to our neighbourly placed lockers, talking absent-mindedly about random topics as we made our way to the Oak Tree.

I guess you could call the Oak Tree our hang-out spot during breaks. It was this huge, thick-trunked old tree whose branches and foliage stretched out so far that four benches sat underneath its shade. We even had ladders hidden in a chest under one of the benches to lead up to a small treehouse we'd built up there, hidden by the leaves and wood. But we saved that place for when - in emergency situations, of course - we needed to skip out on a class or two.

The rest of our mates were already there; Xavier ran up to meet Flora, his girlfriend of now a year, who was seated on the grass. Zoe was laid across a bench, gazing up at the low-hanging tree branches. Eve and Scott were chatting away, Eve's hair not as bright as usual, hidden in the shade. Then, of course, was Ice.

Ice was the big-gun. The girl who got her name from the way she was; dangerous, sharp, beautiful, cool, and powerful. Of course, that's who she was to everyone, minus me. To me she was my best friend with a heart of gold, not ice.

Her head was always held high with pride and arrogance, because she knew just like the next person did that she was the queen of all things respected. She was smart and athletic, and although she rarely boasted out loud, you could see her smugness shining in her eyes. She was practically untouchable. People were scared to talk to her. Some daring people would work up the courage to ask her out or something along those lines, and they would usually end up with a broken nose. Her hair was cyan with a turquoise dip-dye the same colour as her eyes, and if you looked close enough you'd see golden rings around her pupil that glowed in the sun.