It's a...............!

Jake

I opened the door, and Ally's eyes widened.

She looked at me. "What is this?"

"The nursery. I called in a few favors from our crazy friends," I answered.

She walked into the nursery and looked at everything. "Why does it say, Jacob?"

I walked over and wrapped my arms around Ally from behind her. "Because we're having a boy."

She turned to me. "What?"

"Ally, we're having a boy. In your nightmare, you saw a little girl, but we are having a boy. I sent the guys a text to let them know the gender. The guys and the girls were over here. They set up the nursery as a surprise for you," I said to her.

She threw her arms around my neck.

"Oh, my god, Jake," Ally exclaimed.

I wrapped my arms around her. "Honey, I promise nothing will happen to our baby."

She moved her hands to my face and pulled me into a kiss. Then she let go, looking at everything.

"So, did I do good?" I asked with a look.

"You did amazing." She placed her hands on the side of the crib. I joined her.

"Just think, in a few months, we will have this little boy in our arms," Ally reminded me.

"I can't wait," I said.

Just seeing the excitement in Ally's face was awesome. It was the first time she truly got excited about the baby.

I placed my hand on her belly, and the baby was kicking up a storm.

"Um, Jake," Ally said.

"Yeah, baby?" I asked.

"I'm hungry," Ally told me.

I gave her a look, and she gave me an innocent look.

I was in the supermarket picking up everything Ally requested. Thank god for a twenty-four-hour supermarket. I looked at the list, and she had some, well, exciting things on it.

I tossed in items as I saw them. The quicker I got done, the quicker I could go home. As I was looking at the ice cream, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Hungry?" I heard someone ask.

I turned to see Brendan standing there. I looked at him. What the hell was he doing here?

"Busy," I said, trying to finish up.

"You know, it would be a shame if something were to happen to that beautiful wife of yours," Brendan mentioned.

I stopped and turned around to look at Brendan. He was smirking. What the fuck?

"Are you making a threat?" I questioned.

"Not at all, it's an observation. I mean, Alex's home alone now, isn't she?" Brendan asked.

Forget about the food, I ran out of the store, hopped on my bike, and peeled out of there. All I could think of is if someone harmed Ally or our baby, I would kill them without hesitation.

I pulled up and quickly got off my bike. I ran into the house to hear laughing.

I stood there, and she and Erik stopped to look at me.

"Jake? Where's the food?" Ally asked.

"Um, I forgot my wallet," I lied. I didn't want to worry, Ally.