Yes or no

The next day, I had one class, which was a morning class. Afterward, I walked around campus until I had to go to work. I was thinking about Jake's offer. As I walked, something caught my attention. I turned to see Jake talking to a woman a little older than a student.

I watched as they talked and then noticed she moved closer, placing her finger on his shirt being flirty, and he was laughing. I looked at both of them. She leaned in towards the side of his face. I realized that this was another game with guys.

I shot him a text, telling him no about this weekend. I dropped my phone in my bag and walked down the sidewalk. Life is never easy for me.

Jake felt his phone vibrate. "Hang on, Sally." He opened it and read my text.

"Something wrong, Jake?" Sally asked.

"I hope not. It was good to see you again. Tell Roger that I will call him," Jake said as he left.

I walked to my apartment and went upstairs to change. I grabbed my bag and left my phone behind my apartment. As soon as my door closed, my phone started ringing.

I walked into the coffeehouse and got ready for my shift. Joe came out of the back. "Alex? What are you doing here? I thought you had today off?" Joe asked me.

"I thought I would come in and help for a few hours. I don't have any afternoon classes," I mentioned.

"Don't you have a boyfriend that you would like to spend time with?" Joe asked me.

"Um, nope," I blurted.

"Well, okay," Joe said, shrugging. "Young people nowadays can't make up their freaking minds," he said to himself as he walked to the back.

As I situated things, I heard the bell chime. "Welcome to Brews A Latte. Can I help you?"

"Yes, I would like to know why my girl isn't answering her phone after she sent me a text turning me down this weekend," I heard a voice say. I looked up to see Jake standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"I don't think the woman you were with today would appreciate you are running off with one of your students," I said sarcastically.

"Considering the woman, this student saw me with is the wife to one of my best friends. I would say there would be bigger issues with him if that happened," Jake told me.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"The woman you saw me with stopped by since she was in the area to invite me to her husband's birthday party she is having in two weeks. We were joking around about Roger. But you would have known that if you bother to ask. Alex, I don't play games like these boys out there, and I don't do jealousy. When you figure out what you want, you can let me know," he said, walking away.

I stood there, stunned. I didn't know what to say. After working for two hours, I went home. I walked into my apartment and picked up my phone, seeing the missed phone calls from Jake. I debated calling him, but figure he needed to cool off, then thought I'm probably the last person he wanted to talk to now.

I tossed my phone on the coffee table and sat down. I leaned my head back. Leave it to me to screw this up once again. As I sat there, contemplating my nonexistent love life, Grace came in and plopped down next to me with Ashley following her.

"Dare I ask what's wrong with you two?" I asked.

"Matt and I got into a fight," Grace sighed.

"Welcome to the club," I said. I looked at Ashley. "What about you?"

"You mean the fact I don't even have a love life to fight with someone?" Ashley questioned.

"We're pathetic," I said as we all laughed.