Homecoming issues

Homecoming was here, and as much as I wanted to go with Jake, I knew we couldn't. He promised he would dance with me, and later on, we would have some time together.

I went with the others to a group thing. I didn't know things would get out of control when we got there. We arrived, and all of us made our way to the dance floor. We were having fun until the music slowed down. Jake casually made his way to me and asked if I wanted to dance.

People gave us looks, but we acted like a teacher asking a student to dance, no harm, no foul. As we danced, he made sure he kept me at a proper distance, and our hands were in sight.

"You look stunning," he said.

"You look handsome yourself," I said back to him.

"I wish I could pull you close to me," Jake whispered.

"Yeah, but now, I'm your student," I reminded him.

"Then tonight," he said as he twirled me out and brought me back. We talked until Ryan made his way to me.

"This can't be good," Matt said to Erik.

"No, not with Jake," Erik said as they watched us.

"Mind if I cut in?" Ryan asked.

"No, not at all," Jake said as he let go of me.

Then Ryan took me in his arms.

"You look beautiful," he slurred.

"You look good yourself," I said, giving him a look.

"I was a fool for letting you go," he slurred again.

"Ryan, have you been drinking?" I asked.

"I might have had a few drinks before I got here," he said as he moved his hand to my ass. I promptly moved his hand back.

"You have a girlfriend," I said through gritted teeth.

"I don't think she would mind if I invited you into our bed. She's bisexual, you know?" He slurred.

"Ryan, enough!" I pushed him away from me.

He walked back over to me and grabbed me harshly. "Come on, Alex. Remember our first time together. We were both hammered, and you were crazy in bed." Ugh, he reeked of alcohol.

"Ryan! Stop!" I pushed him off of me, causing the music, stopping, and everyone to look at us. "What is wrong with you?" I shouted.

"Me? I'm not the one who flutters from guy to a guy!" Ryan barked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked incredulously.

"First, Matt, then me, then Matt, then me, back to Matt, and finally Erik! You get around quicker than any girl I've met!" Ryan shouted.

"I never slept with Matt or Erik when they came to visit! Why? Because I loved you! But I realized I wasn't in love with you! Because when you love someone, you don't do what you did!" I was furious, and tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Alex," Ryan said.

"Stay away from me," I screeched as I turned and ran off. Everyone looked at Ryan, and he eventually walked away.

I found a bench as I sat down. A person sat down next to me, wrapping their arm around me. I leaned in and buried my head while I sobbed. The others came out, and Jake put his hand up, saying he got this.

I wanted one night without drama, without Ryan drama. Jake let me cry and then stood up, taking my hand. He led me to his bike and got on it. I climbed on the back, and we took off from the dance. He knew where to take me.